Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
annmarie

silicon sheets for scars?

Just had 6 excisions to remove atrophic acne scars (one on my left cheek is over 2 inches). Has anyone ever used silicon sheets for helping to heal post operative scars? I've ordered some and they are on the way. There is also silicon gel and I was wondering if anyone at all had used them and what they thought of them? Any feedback greatly appreciated. This forum has helped me alot. There are alot of learned people and I'm glad I found it. I want Juvista but its not on the market yet.

Ann-marie

Just had 6 excisions to remove atrophic acne scars (one on my left cheek is over 2 inches). Has anyone ever used silicon sheets for helping to heal post operative scars? I've ordered some and they are on the way. There is also silicon gel and I was wondering if anyone at all had used them and what they thought of them? Any feedback greatly appreciated. This forum has helped me alot. There are alot of learned people and I'm glad I found it. I want Juvista but its not on the market yet.

Ann-marie

Interesting question, Ann-Marie! I was just talking with my doctor who just finished doing a study using the Palomar StarLux Laser (ablative). Part of the protocol that the enrolled patients had to follow was to use silicon sheets on one half of their face and either a special cream (I can't remember what it was, sorry!) or aquaphor depending on what was dictated by the study. Anyways, to make a really long story short she said she saw MUCH better results from the aquaphor than from the silicon sheets or the other cream. Hopefully this helps a bit....

do u mean like cica gel strips? You apply it everyday, it is like a silicon material and u work ur way up to wearing it for hours, up to 20 i think.

we used them for my baby after open heart surgery, it worked very well but i have never heard of it's use to treat acne scars.

But i can see how it would actually work.

intrested to hear if it does.

goodluck.