Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone get these kinds of pimples? I can only describe them as pimples that don't come out of the skin. They are irritated mounds that make the skin all around the area extremely tense.

Now, I'm not one to really care about my personal appearance, but these ones hurt like a bitch.

Normally I wouldn't care, but I got one about two weeks ago, and to my delight it was gone about four days later. Not a single day passed, and another one appeared on a different part of the face. Okay, bad luck. another four days or so passes, and it's gone. This is yesterday. Here I am today and I have another one almost want to kill myself because IT WILL NEVER END :wall::wall::wall:

How do I deal with these? There really isn't any central hub to these abominations.

AY I HATE THOSE PIMPLES!!! its the ones that we come to a head and they hurt and red and sometimes itchy. THese ones leave a bad scar when their gone sad.gif

Cysts. Because they are quite deep in the skin and they are typically less responsive to topical treatments. Don't squeeze, prod or otherwise irritate - because you will just enlrage the area of infection. They will either resolve themselves under the influence of acne meds or not. If they don't appear to be going away you can get them injected with cortisone. Hey...and cortisone treatments work for Brittany. wink.gif

glad I can help. You are correct, unresolved cysts can leave visible dent like scars. A cortisone shot can completely prevent this. IMO if your acne is causing scarring you have a good case for using accutane.

I hate those bloody bastards! Whenever I get them, I put a giant glob of 1% hydrocortisone gel on it. This actually works a lot of times. I was stoked to find this remedy a while back. If you catch the cyst before its completely formed, you can prevent it from getting any bigger. I'd say do this 4 times a day, until the cyst is no longer sore. Then treat it with BP.

Whatever you do, just don't pick! Don't squeeze! Nothing will come out, and it'll just push the infection deeper.

Sometimes these damn tihngs do form a head, but don't drain them until you're sure it's ready. Better to be safe than sorry.

There not cysts are they? I thought cysts take months to heal, I thought they where papules? Pimples with no puss inside. If not I have 4 cysts on my face at the moment. wink.gif

There not cysts are they? I thought cysts take months to heal, I thought they where papules? Pimples with no puss inside. If not I have 4 cysts on my face at the moment.  wink.gif

I soooo wish my derm or gp would have told me about cortisone injections. i had huge infected cysts all over my face for 3 bloody years. and then when they went down, there would still be a cavity which would become infected again if there was a spot near it.

Do not pick them, they will only become aggrevated.

I wish my useless doc or derm would have mentioned cortisone if it really works, maybe now it wouldnt look like i was hit in the face with a grenade. :ph34r:

dont laugh :naughty:

Yea thanks for the advice on Cysts but I dont think the origional poster is referring to cysts. As he said that they go within 4 days. Thats not a cyst rite?

you are right, it sounds like he was just talking about big spots, but the acne i had was seriously bad so i sometimes assume others are talking about similar problems