Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am VERY, VERY pale...so, I would like to use a self tanner to look a little darker and more even toned. The problem is finding one that would look natural and isn't TOO dark. I've read recommendations for natural looking self tanners, but I'm sure most people using self tanners would want a darker color than I would. Anyone have any recommendations for subtle self tanning lotions for pale skin?

I have used Jergen's natural glow daily moisturizer, and while I loved how it made my skin feel, it looked a little orangey on me. However, I tried this many years ago, probably when it first came out, so I don't know if they have changed the formulation at all.

The reviews of Clinique Self Sun Body Daily Moisturizer make me think it might be right for me. Anyone on here tried this?

Thanks in advance for all advice!

If you want a subtle color, try jergens natural glow foam. its really easy to apply, dries fast, and just gives you a hint of color so you dont look white. i used it in the light formula last summer and was pretty happy with it. Also you could try vichy bronzing milk, its great too but gives a darker color.

On tuesday i bought and i got the best results ever. I'm very pale too and also blonde so i tend to look really white! So i bought that spray (there are 2 differents: one for face and the other for the whole body) and I sprayed on my face and body just once and after like 5 hours i was looking like i have been sunbating the whole summer. A very good glow. NOTE: IF YOU THINK YOU LOOK TOO BRONZE YOU CAN WASH IT UNTIL YOU GET THE BEST RESULT.

And the best part is that I always use foundation cause like i am too pale, my scars look terrible. But since I'm "tan" i don't need to wear make up, seriously, my scars don't stand out and i don't need to wear foundation all the time!!

I hope I helped you :) (sorry for my english)

I am VERY, VERY pale...so, I would like to use a self tanner to look a little darker and more even toned. The problem is finding one that would look natural and isn't TOO dark. I've read recommendations for natural looking self tanners, but I'm sure most people using self tanners would want a darker color than I would. Anyone have any recommendations for subtle self tanning lotions for pale skin?

I have used Jergen's natural glow daily moisturizer, and while I loved how it made my skin feel, it looked a little orangey on me. However, I tried this many years ago, probably when it first came out, so I don't know if they have changed the formulation at all.

The reviews of Clinique Self Sun Body Daily Moisturizer make me think it might be right for me. Anyone on here tried this?

Thanks in advance for all advice!

I used Clinique Self Sun Body Daily Moisturizer before but I think it's no longer available on the market. It gves a natural healthy glow to my skin and has a nice moisturizing effect too. :angel:

I'm also very pale with pink undertones. Gotta love that Irish girl!! I totally get what your saying. If I come across too tan you know it looks fake. A sunkissed glow is really all I need...and I will assume that is your objective. To be quite honest about sunless tanners and I have tried them all from the most expensive to the drugstore it is all about the DHA. DHA is what turns the top layers of your skin from pale to tan. It truly is dependent on that brands formulation and what you prefer. Some could turn you orange like 15 years ago... sunless tanners have come a long way. I use a sunless gel from Loreal' Medium to natural tan on my body. Dries fast and looks like summer tan. I believe its about $9.00? I say I use it on my body only because of the lotions I use on my face. I've tried it on my face and really like the color-until I used my lotion. I use SA on my face and it exfoliated it off in spots and it looked bad-really bad. So on my face I use a Hello Minerals bronzer that matches perfectly and I'm happy. I hope that helps!

Jergens gradual tan for face is non-comedogenic! smile.png i use it and i feel like it actually helps my face, or maybe it just makes it look smoother. idk. i get the darkest one and mix it with my normal moisturizer so no streaks happen (clinique yellow gel) and it looks natural and feels good. so for you maybe the light one and mix it with moisturizer? that ways its even lighter/less orangey?

happy glowing!

Edited by kayrae