Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I bought my 2.5% BP under the name Panoxyl a few days ago and have been using it ever since. It seems to be working, even though it's only been a few days. I have not had any new spots and I normally would have done by now. I am using about a pea-sized amount twice a day at the moment, with Origins cleanser and moisturiser. Panoxyl doesn't actually say how much you should use and what amount is too much or too little. I am very happy with it, only, everyone from the pharmacist to the people on here said that for the first week I would have red, flaky skin which would then subside as I got used to it, and probably a burning or stinging sensation. I have not had any of these effects. Is this just luck, or am I doing something wrong? Is it possible for someone to just be very tolerant to BP without ever having used it before? Or will the redness and dryness come after I've used it for longer? Anyone else had the same experience?

eh, i didn't have any side effects when i first started the regimen. everyones skin is different so no one can really say for sure.

just be warned that I had no side effects from panoxyl for about 3 days then it got irritated and still is! but everyone is different and great if you have no problems!!

PanOxyl was weird for me because I didn't have any "side effects" until about 2 weeks after I used it, when I became very blotchy, red, irritated, and sore. It looked like a had a rank sunburn on top of a seriously bad wind burn. It did not go over too well.

If it's only been a few days then I'd give it more time before you get the common "side effects". Maybe a week into it, or maybe when you start using a little more, I dunno. Just don't think you're so lucky for not having any yet.