Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wishing.to.BE.acne.FREE :)

BCP poll: Only answer if Ortho Tri Cyclen LO has helped with your ACNE please!? :D

The title basically explains it all :)

Oh and also, if your friend or family member or just someone you know has taken it and it worked for their acne, you can also answer.

ALSO , Provide some details as to how wellllll it improved your acne , how bad your acne and skin was in the first place , how long it took , etc.

And lastly , not really about acne , but Did it make you gain weight ? explain a bit ?

Thank you very much in advance everyone :)

(p.s. I myself have oily skin, with light to moderate acne... i get random breakouts sometimes while other times i don't... but still, my skin is VERY oily and for sure acne-prone)..

Edited by wishing.to.BE.acne.FREE :)

Hi! I took Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo from Dec 2008 to April 2010 (I came off it because I didn't want to rely on the synthetic hormones anymore)... It seemed that by Feb 2009 my skin was a lot more manageable... I'm prone to cystic zits, whiteheads, blackheads... you name it. I guess it helped quite a bit because my skin seems to be getting worse and worse now that I'm off it.

I thought overall it was a pretty good pill... I liked the fact that it was a lo-dose pill - I think that helps a lot - since there are less hormones involved that means decreased side effects (that's what they say at least... and I agree). I didn't gain any weight and I generally felt pretty good on it. My boobs also didn't grow (not noticeably at least). I didn't feel much different than when I was off of it and was pretty happy with it overall. I just wanted to be more 'natural'... part of me wishes I would've never gone on it in the first place because it was just a band-aid covering up the true problem. So now I'm still stuck with the problem.

My sister (also had acne) took it for a while a few years back and was really happy with it also. She originally took the regular ortho tri cyclen but she gained weight from that and her boobs got huge. She went on the ortho tri cyclen lo and was really happy and didn't gain weight and liked it a lot more than the regular version. She was also pretty happy with her skin while on the lo.

Like I said, I personally wish I never would've went on it... but I think it was a good pill and it definitely calmed my acne down. I was never perfect on it - but it was to the point where I didn't have to worry as much and felt a lot happier. I would give it at least 3 months to see an effect on your skin... but I wouldn't be suprised if it started to help earlier. I don't know anything about you though and everyone is different so this is all just my opinion.

Hope that helps and good luck with your decision!

Edited by sick of cystic acne