Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boyo

Do you think THIS is the reason we all have acne?

Just the amount of immense products we use? I'm pretty sure most people on here have the worst acne in their family.

Are we just so worried about our skin that we use all these different products? Or is it a consequence of our bad luck. It's hard to determine whether this excessive product use is a consequence or a cause.........

I personally don't use any topicals on my skin. I pat a little foundation on once in a while but that's it. I'll rinse with water and be done. I do think too many topicals can mess with your skin (and your head, making you wonder whether or not it will break you out). And it's better to deal with acne from the inside out rather than outside in, even if it takes longer. It took me 3 months for my back and chest acne to clear up after being on a low fat low sugar diet, but I'll take that over being dependant on topicals the rest of my life.

Yes, definitely! I realized that my pattern of the past few months is trying something new for a few days, giving up, then spending more money on something else. Recently, my acne exploded a little from this. I haven't given anything enough time. So I'm sticking to a regimen for the next two weeks at least and seeing if it works. :)

Yes, definitely! I realized that my pattern of the past few months is trying something new for a few days, giving up, then spending more money on something else. Recently, my acne exploded a little from this. I haven't given anything enough time. So I'm sticking to a regimen for the next two weeks at least and seeing if it works. :)

Two weeks still isn't long enough.

No, use of products doesn't cause acne (in general, going by comedogenic listings, etc), acne causes use of products.

no, i don't really think it's the products we use, but i do think people switch off something WAY too soon. I would give something close to 2 months just to see if it worked, you really have to give it a chance to get past all the crap that was in your skin, and you have to get past that period where some other stuff may have been involved.

but yeah, it's definitely more than a couple days/weeks.

I think certain products can aggravate acne, but just about everyone who has tried the caveman regimen has failed.... very very badly....

Well I never used a bunch of products until I got acne soo.... ;)

Too many products or the wrong ones can definitely aggravate your skin. I try to be kinder to my skin after several years of abuse with harsh prescriptions and topicals. That's just me though. What works for one person will not work for another - hence all of the different regimens you can find on this site: from diets to masturbation to Accutane - it's more than just what we are putting on our face that causes acne.

no, i don't really think it's the products we use, but i do think people switch off something WAY too soon. I would give something close to 2 months just to see if it worked, you really have to give it a chance to get past all the crap that was in your skin, and you have to get past that period where some other stuff may have been involved.

but yeah, it's definitely more than a couple days/weeks.

This.