Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest whirly bird

kill acne+great skin tone

Guest whirly bird

where to begin...

well, i can start out by introducing myself i suppose. i am new to the site but have been reading it inside and out for quite a while now. i love that there is a place where people can share their experiences in dealing with this monster called acne. this monster has plagued me since i was a sophomore in high school. to be more specific, i have dealt with white heads, black heads, normal pimples (the ones that actually hurt) and a few cystic pimples from time to time. i am just out of college now, and in the time between my first outbreak and now i have tried a lot of products. to give you some idea, i used proactiv, murad, neutrogena, clean and clear, and some doctor prescribed topicals. it is very depressing when going from product to product, because i would get my hopes up thinking that this product could be the one. it's funny now watching the murad advertisement on tv. i was absolutely sold listening to the Dr. explain how the product soothes skin and gives you an incredible acne free skin tone. i would look forward to watching it again and again cause it gave me hope that there was finally something like this on the market. but again, disappointment. i cannot watch the commercial without feeling sick to my stomach, because i know how many people will see it, buy it, and feel what i felt: shock, dispair, even a sense of betrayal.

all that to say...this.

i thought it was impossible to be rid of acne, while gaining an even, matte like skin tone. this is going to sound very strange, considering i'm male, but it's almost as if i have some sort of mineral foundation on, without looking like i'm wearing makeup. when i look in the mirror i cannot believe what i am seeing. it's a little strange, but i still don't like people looking at my face. when you have suffered so long with it, it's difficult to believe that your skin is clear. even knowing that there are no signs of acne on my face, i am scarred emotionally after years of suffering.

i'm going to shut up now and just say what i'm doing, cause i don't want this to drag on too long.

Facial cleanser-sea salt water applied with paper towel

Facial toner-celestial seasonings green tea made into a toner applied with paper towel

i've seen a couple posts that do something similar, as far as using tea as a toner, and this sparked some curiosity. i did my research and tested various combos of store bought cleansers in combo with the tea, but came across an article talking about the effect of sea salt water on skin. it's pretty simple as far as my routine is concerned. for the facial cleanser i take a Glad container (plastic kind with lid) and fill up a fourth of it with morton sea salt that i buy from wal mart. i fill up the rest of the container with hot tap water and shut the lid and shake it like crazy. it doesn't need to be hot when you apply it, but it dissolves the salt better. then i take a select a size paper towel, fold it a few times and dip it into the solution. gently i rub it all over my face and neck making sure it gets every square inch. this is so much better that a sea salt scrub, because you aren't irritating your skin by rubbing the harsh salt grains across your face. after i apply the solution i wait for about ten minutes and then take my shower. i am just washing my hair and letting the water rinse off the salt solution. there is no need for a facial cleanser other than the sea salt. (i shower twice a day)

after the shower i dry my face and immediately apply the green tea toner. celestial seasonings is great, but any green tea will do. i brew enough tea to fill a Glad container. in the tea i use TEN tea bags. this gives a very strong concentration of the tea to your face. the green tea is loaded with anti oxidants and anti bacterial/anti inflammatory properties in case you didn't know. i've heard of others using paper towels to apply this, and honestly it doesn't seem like something i'd ever try, but it works very effectively. it doesn't fall apart on me and you can get a lot of toner on your face easily. but i apply the toner very generously to my face and neck. i take very short showers because i don't like the drying affect water has on my face after a twenty minute shower.

i'm not super anal about my diet, but i avoid junk food and take a multi vitamin. i try to get some sun too, for the vitamin D. i've heard of drinking the tea to help with acne, and maybe that helps too, but i haven't tried it and my skin is flawless since using this combo. honestly, i am in disbelief. i am so thankful every day now that i have the skin i have now, and it would be selfish of me not to share my experience with everyone. i'd love to hear about anyones experience if you try this out. my skin tone looked better instantly, my scars began fading fast, and any pimples that hadn't surfaced did, and then cleared very quickly. give this a couple weeks to see the full affect it can have. it is worth the wait

-whirly bird

Thats really good stuff whirly bird! Iam surprised no one replied to this post yet but it caught my eye really quick since theres so much good feedback on sea salt and green tea and acne in general. I tried this regiment tonight so we'll see what results I get but I do have some questions for you though. First, how large is the size of the container that you use and if you could let me know approximately how many ml of water to number of table spoons of salt, just so I can get a good estimate.Second, when you brew the tea I assume you continue to use the same batch for 3-4 days to a week and then brew again and if so how should you store the tea(fridge or not).Thanks for sharing!

Edited by MMF1996

I've been using sea salt for months and I love it...but the green tea has made such an enormous difference!

I used Celestial Seasonings Blueberry Breeze green tea, because that's the only one I had and I figured the blueberry and hibiscus stuff in it couldn't hurt. And it is AMAZING! All the little clogged pores on and around my nose that urge me to pick incessantly are disappearing! My skin glows and minor imperfections are starting to fade. It hasn't seemed to help much with my scars, but my skin looks far more even.

Seriously, I rarely get this excited about stuff, but this has been incredible for me, and I think many people could benefit from it. Good find whirly bird, thanks for the info :]

Sea salt huh? I feel like this wouldn't be enough for my stubborn skin, but i'm tempted to try it.

Guest whirly bird

I should have made it more clear as to what size container i'm using, sorry! The containers hold about three cups of liquid. So that's ten tea bags for every three cups of water and 3/4 cup of salt for every three cups of water. Hopefully that is a little more clear!

Hey, thanks for this! This seems like a real natural way to cure acne. And super smart.

I'm kind of losing hope right now...but I will give this a go for a few months. :) Thanks for sharing.

Agh..I wish I could find that ONE cure though..you know? Everyone has that ONE thing they need..like zinc or vitamin C or some kind of drug that I can't pronounce the name of. I'm just wishing I could find the cure for my acne. =__=

Guest whirly bird
Hey, thanks for this! This seems like a real natural way to cure acne. And super smart.

I'm kind of losing hope right now...but I will give this a go for a few months. :) Thanks for sharing.

Agh..I wish I could find that ONE cure though..you know? Everyone has that ONE thing they need..like zinc or vitamin C or some kind of drug that I can't pronounce the name of. I'm just wishing I could find the cure for my acne. =__=

i'm excited you're trying this Julie! let me know how it goes for you

Hey,

Thanks for the mail bird. Now this does sound very interesting, but mind me saying? How long would it take to heal up & get rid? :)

Guest whirly bird
Hey,

Thanks for the mail bird. Now this does sound very interesting, but mind me saying? How long would it take to heal up & get rid? :)

As with everything, the speed at which this heals you up will vary based on the severity of your acne. I have moderate acne and it took a couple weeks to get rid of, but it wouldn't surprise me if it takes longer for some people, or even shorter for others. Again, it really depends on how bad you've got it. Either way though, definitely don't give up on it if it doesn't instantly make it vanish. Have patience and it'll be worth it in the long run

Thanks for the info whirly bird, will definitely try this regimen! Just one question, will it help in reducing the oiliness of the face? :think: coz my face is an oil factory. :wall:

Guest whirly bird
Thanks for the info whirly bird, will definitely try this regimen! Just one question, will it help in reducing the oiliness of the face? :think: coz my face is an oil factory. :wall:

That's awesome! i'm glad ur trying this out. and yeah, my face was very oily before doing this. like i would wash it all the time to try and get rid of that shine, but now my skin doesn't look oily at all. i think it's because the sea salt helps regulate the moisture balance of the skin, (aside from being antibacterial), so the oil glands don't have to work over time. also the green tea is extremely healthy for the skin. i love this because these two things are all natural and you don't have to burn your face off or dry it out. i hope this works as well for you as it has for me

That's awesome! i'm glad ur trying this out. and yeah, my face was very oily before doing this. like i would wash it all the time to try and get rid of that shine, but now my skin doesn't look oily at all. i think it's because the sea salt helps regulate the moisture balance of the skin, (aside from being antibacterial), so the oil glands don't have to work over time. also the green tea is extremely healthy for the skin. i love this because these two things are all natural and you don't have to burn your face off or dry it out. i hope this works as well for you as it has for me

Thank you for the quick reply and good wishes! Really needed them. :)

I might as well look into this too to try, i am willing to try new regimens that have worked for others that i have yet to try.

A few questions thou. How long do you shake the container for?

Also i am a little confused on the toner part with the tea bags. Are you just dabbing the tea bags itself all over your face? How are you actually applying the toner once brewed? 10 teabags is hell of a lot too. How many comes in a package? Seems like you would be buying a package almost every other day. :S

Guest whirly bird
I might as well look into this too to try, i am willing to try new regimens that have worked for others that i have yet to try.

Also i am a little confused on the toner part with the tea bags. Are you just dabbing the tea bags itself all over your face? How are you actually applying the toner once brewed? 10 teabags is hell of a lot too. How many comes in a package? Seems like you would be buying a package almost every other day. :S

Very cool! yeah, at least with this regimen you don't have to fear some crazy purging process or a bad reaction to chemicals. Just shake the container until the salt looks good and dissolved. like twenty seconds or so. And as for the tea bags, celestial seasonings has a box of 40 at wal mart for like $3.50, and since you can store it in the fridge it should last you four or five days per 10 tea bags. Oh and just use a paper towel to apply it. it's easy to get a good amount on this way. same with the sea salt

Very cool! yeah, at least with this regimen you don't have to fear some crazy purging process or a bad reaction to chemicals. Just shake the container until the salt looks good and dissolved. like twenty seconds or so. And as for the tea bags, celestial seasonings has a box of 40 at wal mart for like $3.50, and since you can store it in the fridge it should last you four or five days per 10 tea bags. Oh and just use a paper towel to apply it. it's easy to get a good amount on this way. same with the sea salt

Do you have to heat it back up thou before u apply it on your face?

Guest whirly bird

Do you have to heat it back up thou before u apply it on your face?

Oh no, in fact i like putting it on cold cause it feels really nice. no the temperature isn't a big deal. now someone very scientific might say otherwise, as far as a perfect temp is concerned, but i've just been putting it on cold

I was looking at buying the stuff to do this yesterday but was wondering if it matters what tea you use? Should I get caffinated or non-caffinated?