Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

He tested me to find out how my inner balance is. Nothing was labeled as weak but the following are what was labeled as inflamed, infected, or overactive:

-Large intestine

-Sensitivities to chemicals

-Allergy

-Endocrine system with pancreas-Triple burner

-Heart (he suggested stress)

-Carbohydrate Metabolism

-Fat metabolism (Do these two have anything to do with why I'm so skinny??)

-Liver

-Skin (obviously)

-Fatty degeneration

Any info you might have on any of that would be appreciated.

He put me on a high (but safe) dosage of vitamin A. 150,000IU per day for up to three months. 50 mg Zinc, B-complex and some chinese herbs.

So based on my visit my acne has much to do with my blood sugar. He added more protein to my diet. I am a vegetarian...so I'm focusing on eating much more eggs, fish, beans, and nuts. He also put me on the B blood type diet.

I'm going to do more research on the protein and blood sugar but if anyone wants to share please do. This also made more sense to me because my skin improved a lot when I first cleaned up my diet but a few months ago I stopped eating meat and it's gotten worse.

Edited by InquisitiveCreature

i have been told time after time by friends to try this out.

i am so scared to because i know diet change is a big part of it.

i am interested to see how u get along with it all and if it all works.

goodluck.

Thanks, I heard it's all really worth it.

So far this is what I've eaten today:

Breakfast- Eggs on toast with cheddar cheese. (2 organic eggs, 2 slices of Ezekiel bread).

Lunch- Small bowl of Stonyfield vanilla yogurt, apple, and what was left of my almond butter (a couple spoonfuls)

I'm not sure what I'm going to have as a snack yet but I'm goin' for beans and fish for dinner.

Edited by InquisitiveCreature

I have been to three naturopathic clinics in my life. I have learned to be extra cautious.

The first naturopathic doctor was fabulous. I saw him as a child. He had an actual medical degree from a distinguished university but had decided to treat his patients naturally. He asked for blood, stool and urine samples after I had fasted for 12 hours, looking at them under a microscope in his office. He asked me if I ever had hives, if my palms itched, if I was cranky and moody and many other questions. He correctly diagnosed me as having a yeast sensitivity and told me I would probably always have to avoid yeast during my life because I was born with a sensitivity. After I avoided the yeast for two weeks, my body returned to normal. The bill was about $200 ($100 per appointment).

Years later, I turned to naturopaths once more for my acne. Little did I know how lucky I had been the first time:

The second and third naturopathic "doctors" were people who had taken alternative medicine courses at home. One person had a machine that "detected" my body's reactions to certain vibrations in foods. Then they put me on a diet to clean my liver, kidney. They told me that the Bible said I could meat and therefore I should. They put me on 10 bottles of various high-dose vitamins and digestive enzymes. The end bill was $900 and I still had horrible acne and fatigue.

The third naturopathic "doctor" performed various techniques to access my inner balance. I had to avoid various heat-promoting foods for my body and I had to take herbs. In short, I felt as if I was visiting a shamanistic "doctor" from some remote country. He used techniques like looking at my tongue, feeling the heat from my organs, listening to my symptoms, reviewing my diet. In the end, I paid him $500 ($40 per appointment). Nothing in my health improved.

After many years of seeing more alternative doctors like these last two, I decided to copy the techniques of the very first physician. I found a laboratory in the US which offers mail-in stool tests. They said I have severe gluten, soy and yeast sensitivities, and in fact I am Celiac. This cleared up my fatigue. They looked at my stool sample under a microscope and counted how many white blood cells collect around those foods. If a certain food has 40 or 200 white blood cells around the food, there is a food sensitivity. This lab only tests for 5 foods at the moment (gluten, soy, yeast, egg, dairy). www.EnteroLab.com

I am presently in contact with a laboratory that conducts MRT tests on blood samples to find other food sensitivities. An MRT test examines how much histamine is released from white blood cells when in the presence of a trigger food. I hope to do this blood test next week.

Good luck!

Edited by Dotty1

He told me that the A and herbs and supplements he has me on are only temporary and will not cure, that they're just to treat me till I can be stable on my own with my diet.

That second "doctor" of yours made me laugh xD I'm going to make sure I get protein in my diet (I wasn't getting much at all before) and see how much that helps me.

i firmly disagree with the vitamin a, as well as the zinc.

zinc woudl be ok if itwas an amino acid chelate and in balance with othe rminerals. taking anothor form of zinc for that long in that high of an amount will very liekly interfere with other minerals and put you in a worse position then you started out.

if the vitamin a is in the form of beta carotene and not retinol, then you may be ok at that high amount.

i would prescribe vitamin d, calcium and potassium and stay away from high fructose/sucrose intake, unless you are actually getting it from fruit.

The thing about here is whenever I post something like this people always disagree and have reasons to think that it won't do me good. It always leaves me confuced, I'm gonna have to follow my Naturopath, I hope that you're wrong. He DID do tests on me to make sure the supps were okay with my body and they all set it to equilibrium. So I hope it works..

Oh, also, the A is not retinol. And that's the only one set for UP to 3 months. He hasn't told me how long I have to take Zinc, but it maybe less than that.

The only sugar I really get is from fruit :/ and yogurt.

The thing about here is whenever I post something like this people always disagree and have reasons to think that it won't do me good. It always leaves me confuced, I'm gonna have to follow my Naturopath, I hope that you're wrong. He DID do tests on me to make sure the supps were okay with my body and they all set it to equilibrium. So I hope it works..

How did he make sure the supplements were okay with your body? How did he set them to your "equilibrium"?

Edited by Dotty1

He use a machine, I'll have to look up the name. It uses an electric charge through your body..sorry, it's really hard to explain. Maybe someone else here has used one and understands it better. But it tests supplements too, while you're still connected to it.

Wait, that is the same machine they used on me. They put electrodes on my fingers, head and ankles, is that true for you? They kept assuring me that it could detect everything about my body, even my emotions. Is that true for you? It prints read-outs on a computer. They also hook the vitamins up to the machine. The machine has been discontinued and is no longer sold.

Does it sound like the same machine? I'm trying to think of the name.

Edited by Dotty1

Yes, that is the same machine. Mine was created by a German scientists too.

I would look online for reviews about the machine if I were you. I kept an open mind and it could not correctly diagnose my food sensitivities.

If you do decide to do it, tell us how it goes :).

Edited by Dotty1

I know I don't know much about it but it seemed to work well for me. I mean, it picked up that I have problems with skin and liver. Which all acne has to do with. It says I have no head allergies, which I don't. That my heart wasn't perfect (acne stressed me out really bad..) So, I dunno seems okay to me...I've already used it anyway plus there are mixed views about everything. I feel that if I did look up reviews I'd start getting really really upset about all the negative comments because this is my last hope and it's so much money I'm lucky my parents are letting me go...How about I'll post how I'm doing in a few weeks?

Sure, let us know how it goes.

If it does not fix your acne, don't give up hope. Take a look at www.EnteroLab.com and www.ALCAT.com. Check out those two sites. The take a blood or stool sample and then watch how much histamine is released from the white blood cells. It is quite interesting. Both have great reviews.

I took the EnteroLab test three months ago and my health has greatly improved. I am about to take the ALCAT test, but I've decided on an even more accurate version of the ALCAT called the MRT test offered at www.NowLEAP.com.

Edited by Dotty1