Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dermadude

beat up your surgeon?

Man I was in to see my doc who did the dermabrasion on my face and literally wanted to knock him out :twisted: I had 2 derms with him for ice pick which I would never ever recommend. for instance picture a block of ice with ice pick stabs now his perception is to smoothout the surounding edges to make the hole less noticeable but think about it what would look worse a little hole or indented skin. so now i have dents now instead of hole which look far worse than before and spent about 4000 grand. <_< Dr. should never recommend derm for ice picks. there meant more for wrinkle and crap pisses me off!!!!!!

So depressing so now i found a place that does smooth beam for 400 per session WTH!!! a litttle over priced !!!!

anybody from MN help a person out if u know a good doc in MN that does this for cheaper!!!!!

He should've known dermabrasion doesn't do anything for ice picks! You have to get punch grafts first, then dermabrasion to smooth it out. He sounds like a nincompoop.

Dermabrasion isn't just for wrinkles. It can be very beneficial for scars if done properly and if the prep-work is done prior to the procedure.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience dermadude. :sad:

Hey, I'm from MN too! You have to give me that doc's name so I make sure not to go there...I'm shopping around right now, and have my first dermatologist appointment on Thursday. If I find a good thing, I'll let you know.

Hey, we should form a posse of vigilantes to bring vengeance and justice to these quacks. Power to the patients! We could be the enforcement arm of the certification board. :ph34r:

Hi. I just wanted to note this.

I have alot of little icepick (not deep ones) on my smile line. I had a dermabrasion 2 weeks ago by Dr Yarborough. The ice picks are complete gone but it isnt the same level as the rest of my skin. I'm happy with the resut because it doesnt look like it's from acne scars and it's easier on the eyes. He did told me that icepick arent responsive toward dermabrasion.

Im sorry your result didnt come out the way you wanted to.

Best regard.

I felt like he even new that he messed up the whole thing because when we looked at the before and after he sat there quiet for a while and tried to avoid the pictures. I should of slapped him biggrin.gif and asked if he was blind... Since most docs would say that dermabrasion isnt for ice pick would there be any way to get some of my money back????

by the way his name is DR strathy

DermaDude,

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do, but I'm considering fat transfer and TCA. The dermatologist I have an appointment with also performs surgical procedures, so he should be knowledgeable. I'm going to ask him what he thinks would work. Maybe a combination of stuff. I'm also considering subcision or needling. Hopefully he would have an idea of what order to do these things in to get the best results. I considered dermabrasion for awhile, but I'm glad I didn't go through with it at this point. I think it works for certain situations. Probably for shallow scars and raised scars. Anyway, I'm looking at all of the procedures that have low risk for making things worse than they are. That's a risk I'm just not willing to take. I'm starting to get to the point where I'm okay with the scars. I know I will probably never get rid of them entirely, but I hope to just improve the appearance and health of my skin as much as possible. I was thinking that a series of fat transfers combined with a series of chemical peels might help.

BTW, I'll send Guido out to collect some of your money back. Maybe a pair'a cement golashes would be appropriate. :wink: Make him an offer he can't refuse.

John

ha haha send him out there john and get my money back and ill split it with you :ph34r:

maybe i could understand the damage if it was due to me healing terribly because thats not the surgeons fault but when your doin dermabrasion the doc has controll of what the outcome can be hes litterally sanding away your skin but why in the hell would you go deeper into the scar???

its all about the money I guess$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$