Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freshkid23

what products to use while on accutane

ok so i have been on accutane for about 4 weeks and i have red marks. which product is best for the scars and to help with the acne; whitch hazel, aloe vera gel, emu oil, lemon juice, mederma. or if you have any better products to suggest. and do you see results from accutane around week 7 or 8

Moved to accutane posts as this isn't an Accutane log.

Check out the red marks forum. Check out the pinned topics in the Accutane posts forum.

Mederma is more for keloidal scars, it won't do poop for red marks. Moisturizing in general is helpful in helping heal Accutane-ravaged skin. Keep in mind that the more extreme procedures for red marks are NOT for use while on Accutane!

Be sure to moisturize/keep your skin healthy and your body healthy. (eat well, etc)

Emu oil is a good choice.

Also, be sure to wear sunscreen WHENEVER you go out, no matter for how little time!

Sun exposure really extends the life of red marks!

ok so i have been on accutane for about 4 weeks and i have red marks. which product is best for the scars and to help with the acne; whitch hazel, aloe vera gel, emu oil, lemon juice, mederma. or if you have any better products to suggest. and do you see results from accutane around week 7 or 8

Witch hazel can be irritating to the skin, I would use it sparingly while on accutane. Your skin is already irritated enough on accutane, it's best not to further aggravate it.

Aloe Vera Gel can be a little drying, be sure to moisturise if you use it.

I've heard good things about emu oil for red marks. I personally have been using it as a night time moisturiser for the past 2 weeks, I think it is helping a little bit, but only on fresh red marks, not ones I've had for a month or more. I think it does prevent them if you use it every day immediately once a pimple dies down.

I've never heard of using lemon juice for red marks.

Also,

Many people see results at week 7 or 8, but many others do not. It's best to just try to be patient.