Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danette

Oily skin on Yaz?

Hi everyone, I'm on my third month on Yaz and after a horrible initial break out, my skin is finally getting clearer and less oily than it was before, BUT it is still oily for me. And that annoys me so much because when I was on Diane 35, which I had to stop taking because it made me sick :(, my skin was completely oil-free after just two weeks.

So does anyone know if it takes more time for Yaz to get rid of all the oilyness, or is this just as good as it gets?

Thank you!

hey there.. im about to start yaz for bc purposes (obviously) and also for my MILD acne.... how bad was your IB?!? and how bad was your acne prior to starting yaz?? thanks in advance. =)

hey there.. im about to start yaz for bc purposes (obviously) and also for my MILD acne.... how bad was your IB?!? and how bad was your acne prior to starting yaz?? thanks in advance. =)

I always had mild acne as well, but it got a little worse over the last two years because of stress, so I decided to start bcp, I got sick on Diane 35 so three months ago I started Yaz with no problems except the initial break up I mentioned, which was basically the worst my skin has ever been with lots of painful cysts that subsided on the third month. But it all has been worth of it because my skin is looking better than ever now (minus the oil part) and in about 6 months I expect it to be 100% clear

I'm about to start my 3rd month of YAZ...personally I didn't have an IB and I've never had oily skin just horrible acne :/ so I couldn't really say if it'll reduce the oiliness....but then again my skin started clearing at first and thanks to stress I broke out badly again so YAZ isn't really helping me clear that much anyways.

You can always try taking like Vitamin A don't take more what it says to take but I think that helps reduce oil....even primrose oil kinda helps with that