Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
patriots81

Generally how long do you expect to have red marks for?

After being on the regimen for 2 months most of my acne is gone but only to be replaced with redmarks that look just as bad. Now at first I read this was normal and fade with time. But never really any specific time frame. I have read post from various users talking about having red marks for over 2 years and no fading, is this the catch with the regimen? because i have used other treatments that haven't worked nearly as well but have made improvements on my acne without leaving red marks at all. Now being on the regimen every pimple i had turned into a red mark. It just seems almost counterproductive to get rid of the acne to replace it with a red mark that looks the same and is going to probably take longer to go away.

every red mark is different. there is no definitive time. all depends what kind of acne it was, how you handled/treated it, things like that. i've had red marks last 6 months to a year, others last a couple days. that's just how it is.

how long have you had these red marks that are on your face now? the entire 2 months?

Yeah I have had the red marks from the time my face started clearing up so about a week or two into the regimen and i know that the 2 months doesn't seem like a big deal and its not i can easily deal with a couple months i just don't want to be dealing with these marks now over a year from now.

If you're totally clear now, you could add in an AHA product to your regimen. AHA will help fade red marks. My personal favorite AHA is the Avon product in my signature. Or check out the link in my thread that starts "Glycolic product...."

Ah, I saw by your signature that you're already using an AHA. You might want to use it more often, or change to a different one.

Edited by Wynne

Earlier today i had ordered more bp and moisturizer so i decided to get some aha as well and ill probably start using it every 2 days, I really want to take it slow with it because i made the mistake of using nuetrogena's as a regular moisturizer and paid for it lol but i will definitely look into the avon product price doesn't really matter but in your opinion you think its the best for fading red marks?

Earlier today i had ordered more bp and moisturizer so i decided to get some aha as well and ill probably start using it every 2 days, I really want to take it slow with it because i made the mistake of using nuetrogena's as a regular moisturizer and paid for it lol but i will definitely look into the avon product price doesn't really matter but in your opinion you think its the best for fading red marks?

I wouldn't suggest it (the Avon product) in conjunction with the Regimen - it's much too strong for that! Dan's AHA is much better for use with his Regimen. Maybe work up to daily use. Being careful and cautious is so smart. :) Your idea of slowly introducing it is a great idea.

i agree, AHA was the best thing for me when it came to evening out my skin. You'll get there, only two months isn't too bad, and at least the regimen cleared up your active acne. just don't let the red marks get you down, because they will go away!

Well I thank you both for the help/advice! It really is nice knowing that there is a place where I can go with questions and get helpful answers and great advice on what to use. I just wish I had known about this website sooner I actually found out about it from a friend but now it seems whenever I google something about acne i see acne.org come up which is awesome.