Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dezz

under eye cracks en lines!

I have this problem when I want to apply my under eye concealer. It gets all in to these little crackes and lines under my eyes, especially when i smile. It's so ugly. Can you apply it a different way so it won't do this of is a primer the only solution?

X

I have this problem when I want to apply my under eye concealer. It gets all in to these little crackes and lines under my eyes, especially when i smile. It's so ugly. Can you apply it a different way so it won't do this of is a primer the only solution?

X

Have you tried moisturizing under your eyes (or if you do, using a heavier moisturizer)?

I now use a moisturizer that is water-based, but maybe it's not oily enough?

My skin is really oily so I'm scared that if I use a oil-based moisturizer it will worsen my acne..

Here's an article about oil-free moisturizers...they're not all they're cracked up to be:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/skin-care-fact...ngredients.aspx

What do you use, specifically?

I would recommend any moisturizer by Cetaphil. I would not recommend buying a specific cream for eyes - they're usually just an extra emollient moisturizer with the price jacked up.

You can use a separate moisturizer under your eyes if putting it on the rest of your face concerns you. The skin under your eyes doesn't usually break out, so I wouldn't worry about the stuff you put there, acne wise.

Hey ladies... just wanted to add my two cents here...

I find if I take my eye makeup off with Complex 15 moisturizer instead of a drying eye makeup remover, the skin under and around my eyes doesnt dry out. Also I use an eye cream called Biovera Rejuvenating Eye... it's really good and you only need a drop for both eyes. However I do agree that eye cream is just a way to jack up prices... So I would use a VERY small amount of any nice thick cream (try buying and natural one). NEVER EVER pull it towards the inside corner of your eye though, it can literally block up your tear ducks and create bags under you eyes. Keep it far away from there and keep it about a half an inch away from your eye, the cream will travel upwards on it's own during the day and you dont want it to get in your eyes.

Anyway, I hope that helps!! Good luck!

Thank you guys so much for your help and advice :)

I'm now using Dermolin, it's a cream for sensitive skin without Perfume and other stuff that is bad for your skin. Thank's for the article i'ts been really helpful and it will save me a ton of money. I will also try the make-up remover thing sounds like a good idea!