Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jakeshake

My rosacea is bad again!

It’s summer time and that means my forehead is breaking out. My rocasea is causing lots of little papules! It’s worse than the previous years! I am 50. My dermatologist gave me Oracea. It took it for a while but have stopped. I have issue with yeast. I will take it again if I have to. However, I’m hoping for another way to clear up this forehead break out. How about facials for rosacea? I know if they “gently lance†the small papules without causing scars might be a way to clear it up. Do you agree? How about acupuncture or herbs? I do drink a lot of coffee. Perhaps I should give that up? I can't take accutane because I already have high cholesterol. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Edited by jakeshake

Take roobois tea (not veru hot) or alpha lipoic acid, wash your face with some tea tree oil soap and use some mid stuff for those pustules. Perhaps Effaclar AI on the spot. Seems you can use BP 2,5% in the forehead because of the rosacea. Moisturize your face, guess you are doing that already.

have you seen this product: Avene Diroseal and Avene Cleanser for sensitive skin.

Jake - if I've learned anything about rosacea, it's that you have to watch what you eat in addition to caring for your skin. It's really a pretty tricky thing to combat, but it is possible to get it under control. I have had a lot of luck eating less sugar and white flour and taking digestive enzymes and/or HCl+Pepsin tablets with meals. If I were you, I would absolutely try acupuncture or some other alternative treatment prior to taking perscription meds because they almost always have side effects. Do lots of research and EAT WELL (really, really). I don't think that the coffee is terrible for you, but maybe you are over-doing it. They say that hot beverages aren't really very good for "rosaceans" anyway.

Hi

Try to keep on the prescribed antibiotics.

If anyone is worried about yeast problems whilst taking antibiotics, ensure you take 1 - 3 Probiotic capsules every day. In New Zealand and Australia, we have something called 'Inner Health Plus' http://innerhealth.com.au/ My Derm recommended a probiotic specifically to help prevent any likely yeast infections while i'm on Doxycycline.

For yeast problems on the actual skin (E.g. yeast causing Seb Dermatitis) - try using a broad spectrum anti-fungal cream sparingly twice a day on affected areas (e.g. Miconazole).

Hope this helps,

Shantelle

Edited by Shantelle

that's pretty discouraging for all of us "pinkbubbles".........thanks

Jakeshake, I hope things get better for you soon! Have you thought about any Laser treatments? I know they're expensive but a lot of people seem to have some success with it. My research indicates that facials when having Rosacea are not a good idea because a lot of people with Rosacea are sensitive to skin care products which they use a lot of during a facial. It could be worth a try though. Hot drinks like coffee are sometimes a trigger for some people....maybe give it up for awhile and see how that goes.

You say you have problems with yeast........someone recently told me after I posted all my symptoms on here that I might have a problem with something called "Candida".......you should look in to this as well. Here's a link for you to check out: http://www.holistichelp.net/candida.html

I hope I've helped a little bit and I hope things get better for you soon!

It’s summer time and that means my forehead is breaking out. My rocasea is causing lots of little papules! It’s worse than the previous years! I am 50. My dermatologist gave me Oracea. It took it for a while but have stopped. I have issue with yeast. I will take it again if I have to. However, I’m hoping for another way to clear up this forehead break out. How about facials for rosacea? I know if they “gently lance” the small papules without causing scars might be a way to clear it up. Do you agree? How about acupuncture or herbs? I do drink a lot of coffee. Perhaps I should give that up? I can't take accutane because I already have high cholesterol. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

I'd go back on the Oracea as it's one of the first lines of defense against rosacea. Absolutely do not do a 'rosacea facial' especially if the esthetician would dare to lance the skin! That is NOT acceptable and is invasive, something an esthetician should not ever do (in most states that is). Also, as Jessica mentions, the products they might use on your skin could be highly problematic and cause a worsened breakout.

What type of yeast were you concerned about? Probiotics at the opposite time of day you take your Oracea would help. A prescription for Diflucan if it's a vaginal yeast infection, or even Monistat-type preparations are quite effective (if you're female, of course ;) ).

Cut down on coffee as caffeine can be a trigger. See how low you can go, if not quit completely to see if that helps. I sympathize though with a love of coffee, I myself would DIE (I know this...) if I gave it up. :P

There are other topicals that are specifically meant for rosacea treatment; check with your doctor or derm for a prescription. Finacea, MetroGel, etc.

The following pinned post is also very helpful: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Rosacea-I...ea-t152871.html

Talk with your doctor about an extremely LOW dose of accutane. That might be helpful, and a very low dose may be safe with elevated trigylcerides/cholesterol. Maybe! Check out A liver Healthy Diet from the Hepatitis Foundation International as all of those tips are good for someone with elevated cholesterol, not just liver disease.

I''m 41 yrs old, and was diagnosed with Rosacea. My doctor treated my Rosacea with a laser 3x. My skin looked a lot better after each visit. In addition to the laser, I was on Oracea, and Metrogel. Again, I noticed pretty good results after a few days.

The problem with Rosacea is that a lot of common activities can cause it to flare up. I had to quit doing hot Yoga, and stop eating spicy foods because both had a direct effect on my skin. My doctor now has me on 200 mil of Monodox a day. I will follow up with my own personal feedback, once I have been on it for a few days. Just remember that coffee, sun exposure, wind and anything that heats up the skin can inflame the skin when you're living with Rosacea.

rosacea.. no cure at all.. just take good care of ur skin drink lots of water and take vitamin E and antibiotics!

There is a "cure". I had a patient with Rosacea test for Food Allergies, she has a Soybean Sensitivity. When she avoided Soybean she cleared right up. The big problem is Soybean is very expensive to avoid. I'm not saying only Soybean is causing this for everyone, it could be any food sensitivity. BUT it is a allergic reaction. Find the cause, eliminiate it, Rosacea goes away.