Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Svelter

How Can I Get Some Accutane?

I know this thread sounds dubious, so I'll explain it a little better. Last November, I was prescribed roaccutane for my acne. I didn't get a single whitehead for about 7 months - however, now it's coming back - and very quickly. I've just stepped out of the shower and my face is covered with red blotches and blemishes and I get new spots every day, as though the 5 months of accutane had never happened. I'm even starting to get spots on my forehead, where I never used to get any, and my bedsheets are ending up with oily patches on them from the sebum that's returning.

Is there any way I can get some roaccutane without having to wait months for it. I know how much I need and that I need it but I'm worried I'll either have to wait so long that my Summer will be ruined and I'll begin uni life with chapped lips and trouble keeping my eyes open for long or that the dermatologist will turn me down until I inevitably get spottier and depressed.

I really need help because I don't see much point in living if my life's going to be constantly plagued by this.

Really, the only thing you can do is contact your doctor or derm and explain your situation to them and see if they'd be willing to try to get you on Accutane quickly.

How fast you can get Accutane depends a lot on where you're from.. If you're from the U.S it can take a bit longer.. If you're in Canada I had it within 3 weeks of going to my Doctor and talking about it. For me it went..

1. Go to Walk-in clinic and see Doctor about Derm referral. Get derm referral there.

Few days later Derm office phones me to schedule appointment with dermatologist.

2. 2-3 weeks later is my Derm appointment.. I go there, the derm takes a look at me, asks how much I weigh, goes yep, alright. And writes me a prescription for 40mg accutane (5 months of it worth). He gives me the prescription for it, then quickly writes up a blood test sheet to go get my bloodwork done a week after I start the accutane.

Took my first accutane pill that evening that I had the derm appointment. I was surprised how fast it was I only talked with my derm for like a few minutes before I was outa there prescription in-hand.

So really it only took me like 3 weeks.. It all depends where you're from.

How fast you can get Accutane depends a lot on where you're from.. If you're from the U.S it can take a bit longer.. If you're in Canada I had it within 3 weeks of going to my Doctor and talking about it. For me it went..

1. Go to Walk-in clinic and see Doctor about Derm referral. Get derm referral there.

Ahh, in Britain - or at least in my county - we have to see a GP and be referred to a dermatologist. I had to wait 2 months after that to actually see the derm as well. Once I did, however, I got the accutane on the same day.

I was also wondering if there's any way of buying it. Since I've already had a prescription and I know how much to take, I don't see much harm in just supplying myself with the stuff. Actually, it'd be more efficient for everyone.

Ahh, in Britain - or at least in my county - we have to see a GP and be referred to a dermatologist. I had to wait 2 months after that to actually see the derm as well. Once I did, however, I got the accutane on the same day.

I was also wondering if there's any way of buying it. Since I've already had a prescription and I know how much to take, I don't see much harm in just supplying myself with the stuff. Actually, it'd be more efficient for everyone.

Read the board rules. You do not have a prescription NOW, and that's what matters.