Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rosekospe

Wondering if I should switch products

So I started using retin a micro in im thinking January.

I got the initial break out, a bit of peeling, lots of flakiness. Red red skin.

Used it rather consistantly, got the Initial break out and really dry skin. it seemedto be clearing up a bit.

Then I got depressed and stopped caring or myself and neglected my Retin a for a month or so.

started back up again around april, havemissed some nights but have mainly been consistant

still lots of flakey spots. but only around the nose,cheek and chin area.

no peeling.

no break outs unless I stay out allnight and crash without taking my make up off. nothing is clearing up anymore. I have mostly white heads and black heads and it seemes that the majority of stuff that cleared were the normal red blemishes, still lots of white/black heads. what should I do? some parts o my face the skin looks good and my skin does not seem as dull as it was before but it had been awhile and i still have acne, large pores and laking/ redness in some areas.

should \i switch to retin a?

a higher dose of retin a micro?

or something entirely different?

Hi, Im not a doctor but I've had lots of experience with RetinA I first got prescribed RetinA about 3 years ago and use it on and off till a few weeks ago. My advice to you would be to you RetinA and whatever else you doctor prescribed to you for a year before you decide to keep it or ditch it or switch it. RetinA will help you if you use it as directed for a decent amount of time. It helped me bunches, actually it helped me so much that I don't think I need to use it anymore. But everyone's different and again I'm not a doctor that's just been my experience.

I have a few questions for you..What percentage of RetinA on you on right now?

Did you start peeling the second time you got back on the RetinA wagon?

What kind of makeup do you use? Do you use makeup brushes, if so do you wash and disinfect them regularly? Are you going all the good stuff you should be like drinking lots of water, changing you pillow cases, and not touching you face?

I have had acne since I got pregnant with my daughter almost 4 years ago. I have struggled with cystic acne and am unable to take birth control pills due to a blood clotting disorder.

I have been using Tretinoin for 6 months now, finally working my way up to the strongest Rx and I am seeing amazing results. Within 1 week, my acne both errupted and subsided. I am also pairing this with doxycycline for the infections.

The biggest thing that I would tell anyone looking for treatment is to go back to your doctor if you aren't getting results. Acne is a medical condition and should be treated as such. Everyone's skin is different and you may need to experiment with different Rx to find what works for you, but do so with your doctor.

Good luck!