Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, I want to share this quick message so I will not bother you with much details. Like many of you I suffered a long period of my teenage life with acne - face and body acne. Today my face is 100% and my back is significantly improved and this little demon acne don't bother me anymore. Back in the time I was blaming my skin for my mood swings, sometimes my extremely low self-esteem and so on. I was locking myself in the bathroom and crying because of it. Since today, when acne doesn't bother me anymore, a lot of things have changed and a lot of them didn't. I would say I'm feeling better..but guess what? A lot of the time I'm suffering from another problem of mine.. my short stature. Sometimes I even cry again blaming myself and family. Sometimes I have the same mood swings. So why I'm sharing with you this story? It's hard to face it but DO NOT blame acne for your psychological problems, cause there is a big chance you will blame something else when you get cleared. Unless it's not some extremely serious case, it's not your skin that is decreasing your self esteem - it's is purely YOU the problem. I'm sure there are a lot of people who would skip this message and say "another guy is talking bullshit to me" but I guess they will understand what I'm talking about when they have their skin cleared. :) Yes, life isn't easy but this doesn't mean you can't live funny and facing the problems with a smile. :) Like it's said: when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. The fact you have acne doesn't mean you can't have beautiful girls, be a good partner, worker...or whatever else. If you think acne is making you sad, than your height, weight, look or whatever else will be withing the radar of your blames when you are cleared. And in the end it is you who is the main problem :) So focus more on fixing your mind and not your skin...or whatever else.

Good luck to all ;)

ps. woow, 2 years since my registration :) and more than 5 since I opened this web page for the first time

Edited by Yankulov

do they have a cream for fixing the mind, now?

Yoga helps.

Yankulov: Thanks for sharing. I think you're absolutely right that some people (once they're clear) will find something else to fixate upon. If it's not acne, it's something else. Those people just need to find whatever they can be proud of within themselves.

That's also a good point for other acne sufferers to remember: find something to do that takes your mind off of yourself. Got lost in the moment, in the discovery of new information, in a good book, in a hobby, in a conversation with a friend (NOT about complaints, either!) ;)

This is true. You'll see many threads in this section named something like "I'm clear but still sad". Alot of people think their skin and only their skin is their main problems and if they get clear all their problems go along with it, but this often just isn't the case. Good thread.

Thanks for coming back to share your story and I totally agree with you. Preoccupation with acne could be symptomatic of something bigger (like BDD or self esteem issues, etc), which if left untreated, often doesn't go away once the acne is gone.

Edited by maggipie

If you think acne is making you sad, than your height, weight, look or whatever else will be withing the radar of your blames when you are cleared. And in the end it is you who is the main problem :) So focus more on fixing your mind and not your skin...or whatever else.

I think this is very true! : )