Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No product, diet or supplement will fix my skin. I get no more cystic acne at all, but this weird problem persists.

-bumpy, nasty, red, dirty looking

-easily irritated...washing with water makes my skin red and itchy

-premature aging

-dull looking

-greasy and dry

I have no idea what it is...is it seb derm, is it rosacea, is it acne, is it an allergic reaction (for 7 years?? I doubt it).

Derms don't help at all. They don't even examine my skin up close and personal, they take a quick look and give me a pill. I have been eating extremely healthy for years, which could be why I stopped getting cysts but this skin problem persists.

Then the other day it hit me after reading about the caveman regime, why don't I just stop washing my face and stop applying sunscreen, which I have been religiously applying to my face for 6 years. Two days into this and my face isn't as red, but every single pore on my face is clogged.

Here is a pic of my situation:

photo2zd.jpg

-Notice how every single part of my face is infected, except the area around my eyes, which is the only normal skin I have on my face

-Any ideas? Should I continue with this caveman regime to see if my skin goes back to normal. I just can't live with this anymore (not sucidal hahah). It has destroyed any bit of self confidence I have in me. Seven years without my skin being able to breathe.

Edited by ItsMe16

I think you're onto something with the sunscreen. Give it a bit longer to go without it (like a week) and see how it looks then.

I have no idea what it is...is it seb derm, is it rosacea, is it acne, is it an allergic reaction (for 7 years?? I doubt it).

-Any ideas? Should I continue with this caveman regime to see if my skin goes back to normal. I just can't live with this anymore (not sucidal hahah). It has destroyed any bit of self confidence I have in me. Seven years without my skin being able to breathe.

Looks like papulopustular rosacea. IPL (a form of laser) is apparently helping. Before doing that, try 4% niacinamide in aloe vera base (you can make your own). It helps with acne as well.

For the record, I have no medical qualifications.

I think you're onto something with the sunscreen. Give it a bit longer to go without it (like a week) and see how it looks then.

Yes, I'll try that seeing as how sunscreen and washing with water has been the only thing I have done in certain occasions and it still didn't help.

Looks like papulopustular rosacea. IPL (a form of laser) is apparently helping. Before doing that, try 4% niacinamide in aloe vera base (you can make your own). It helps with acne as well.

For the record, I have no medical qualifications.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have tried aloe vera and it seemed to make my face itch. Hmm, papulopustal rosacea, interesting, I'll look that up.

How about some oil-free moisturizing lotion without sunscreen, it contains fewer chemical. Sounds like you can't put anything strong on ur face. So supplements are the only way to help. Have you tried some high-quality probiotics, like lactobacillus GG??? it is good for rosacea/acne and eczema. And then find a better doctor. There ur millions of good derms out there. Add vinegar to your diet to add digestion of food.(if you want to)

If nothing else can help, try some chinese/indian medications:

mmmm....if you feel facial flushing or internal heat, try "Nine Flavor Tea" to clear heat, (is some kind of pill originated from herbal formula), it is going to nourish fluids in ur body.

In the other end, if you feel some cold signs such as indigestion, bloating, and loose stools, you can take "six gentlement" (some chinese pills, it is famous in china, so you might be able to research online) to balance skin.

You can always adjust the amount/time for taking your own supplement. Everybody's different anyway.

Again, find a better derm, or do some research yourself, U Not allowed to quit. :naughty: