Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, a few wks back i had an expanding pimple that was going to grow really big (im in the middle of accutane btw). so i got a cortisone shot and it shrunk. but it grew into a really monster cyst later and i got another cortisone shot and it shrunk. but it started to get really big....nothing ever worked for me, benzol peroxide, sacyclic acid, tea tree oil or toothpaste or ice...so i made my own mix and it works! i recommend you try it!

1. take fish oil (btw, read 'bout the pcbs)

2. take zinc

3. drink a lot of water (A LOT)

4. take ibuprofen (not sure about the effectiveness, just started, but why not? don't overdose)

5. my mix:

take cucumbers, aloe vera gel, and some green tea powder from tea bags. blend them together. add a little water and freeze. it does tend to freeze sometimes but you can always microwave it so its frosty. i put it on my cystic pimple REALLY DILIGENTLY (every 30mins-1 hr) and you know what? its shrinking! definitely not getting bigger too! :dance:

usually cystic pimples grow really rapidly for me, so this is a really big deal!!! try it! the mix can be watery even when its frosty, so have a napkin ready. when you leave it on for a long time, it dries like a masque and you can peel it off.

Edited by wakka

usually after 24 hrs and ~8 ibuprofens later my cysts/pustules deflate like a balloon (all saggy looking and stuff)

usually after 24 hrs and ~8 ibuprofens later my cysts/pustules deflate like a balloon (all saggy looking and stuff)

do you know how much ibuprofen i can take w/o it being unhealthy? i'm taking 1 a day (200mg) but it would be great if i can increase the amount i take per day...i just want this thing to completely be gone before my vacation so i dont have to worry about it

do you know how much ibuprofen i can take w/o it being unhealthy? i'm taking 1 a day (200mg) but it would be great if i can increase the amount i take per day...i just want this thing to completely be gone before my vacation so i dont have to worry about it

The bottle should say what the maximum daily dose is. Don't take it for a long period of time, either, as gastrointestinal bleeding can occur.

I hope you're not an athlete because it probably wouldn't be a good idea to abuse ibuprofen because of all the side effects. It causes your muscles not to develop fully when working out. I found some other natural ways to keep your body from becoming inflamed but can't post links :(. This seems like a good method though. It's ridiculous the work some of us have to go through compared to those people who just sit around and naturally have perfect skin.

Edited by CheyCheyenne

I hope you're not an athlete because it probably wouldn't be a good idea to abuse ibuprofen because of all the side effects. It causes your muscles not to develop fully when working out. I found some other natural ways to keep your body from becoming inflamed but can't post links :(. This seems like a good method though. It's ridiculous the work some of us have to go through compared to those people who just sit around and naturally have perfect skin.

nah, i never used any type of painkiller before, even though i have pain or am severely sore. im only gonna use it when i have a cyst, which is becoming rarer by the moment thanks to accutane

Ill give it a try when I get another cyst... which hopefully wont be anytime soon

Edited by kyle 1

i wouldnt continue taking them long term ive been off accutane for 2 years it helps with w/o pustules that i get. The redness goes away and it stops growing in size and disappears before coming to a head but it takes a day or so for any results. Its not long term cause you risk damaging your stomach and liver