Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
olive14

Chemical peel on back, breakout on face?! What?! Please help.

Okay, my skin has been clear for QUITE a while. I just got a fairly superficial glycolic/lactic acid chemical peel on my back to treat hyperpigmented scarring. The woman performing it said I would breakout on my back a bit, so why am I breaking out on my face?

The face breakout worries and upsets me a lot because of how long I've been clear and I don't want to revert back to what I was. It's very discouraging.

Is there any way this could be at all tied to the peel I got on my back?

Okay, my skin has been clear for QUITE a while. I just got a fairly superficial glycolic/lactic acid chemical peel on my back to treat hyperpigmented scarring. The woman performing it said I would breakout on my back a bit, so why am I breaking out on my face?

The face breakout worries and upsets me a lot because of how long I've been clear and I don't want to revert back to what I was. It's very discouraging.

Is there any way this could be at all tied to the peel I got on my back?

lol being completely realistic about this, id say its completely unrelated. unless you are putting a cream on your back to help it heal, that is somehow getting onto your face and clogging your pores. alternatively your immunity is lower and letting your body breakout - but youd need a hell of a lot more than a superficial peel to do that.

are you perhaps now showering as much? eaten junk food or doing something else differently?

I'm showering just as much, but I am eating more junk food since it's summer. But I have cystic acne, I really don't think a little junk food can make anyone break out in cysts.

Your acne is in tha back only? You don't have acne in your face?

This happens, when someone solves acne in some place, some of them start acne in another part. This only means that your immune system sucks and that, when you have a pimple in the back your immune system have little more defenses to deal with acne in other areas. When you don't have acne in your body, you can have acne in some other prone area. So, either you got to have pimples in your back so you don't have acne in your face (ha!) or you take some propolis (echinacea) to improve your immune system. I am testing propolis and seems to be good job, for me.

Also, Tea tree oil soap on your face too (read how to use it)