Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Researchers measured levels of the stress hormone cortisol in 25 volunteers and asked how they coped with the strains of daily life. Tiny pieces of skin were cut from their arm and the healing wound was then observed using ultrasound. Revealing his findings at the Cheltenham Science Festival, Professor Weinman said: 'The least stressed healed at roughly twice the rate of the most stressed."

Read the full article here.

This sounds very interesting, in a way people with less stress might still have acne but thier acne might heal faster. I noticed people that arent stressed might get one or two pimples but in a few days its gone and no red marks.

Stress messes you up, it's awful and we all get stressed out.

Then I get mad that I am stressed and...it's ugly.

It's a vicious cycle!!

Found any good stress relief things? Just got in a fight with my mom and my blood is boiling.

I believe stress is a huge factor! My life & job have stressed me out so bad! My husband is away at AIT in Va and has been gone for 6 months =( I stress about him and about us moving soon. This is around the time i broke out so bad and the break out caused me to stress out even more! Then i went to visit him 2 weeks ago for a week. I was so relaxed and calm & HAPPY! My acne got about 75% better! Then when i got home I was so happy I was clearing up that is starting heal day by day & now i'm 99% clear. lol. My friends and family are like in shock and told me the stress made the acne 10 times worse.

I believe stress is a huge factor! My life & job have stressed me out so bad! My husband is away at AIT in Va and has been gone for 6 months =( I stress about him and about us moving soon. This is around the time i broke out so bad and the break out caused me to stress out even more! Then i went to visit him 2 weeks ago for a week. I was so relaxed and calm & HAPPY! My acne got about 75% better! Then when i got home I was so happy I was clearing up that is starting heal day by day & now i'm 99% clear. lol. My friends and family are like in shock and told me the stress made the acne 10 times worse.

Awwww!

I am SO glad you got to see him... That would be so freaking hard. I think so too! I've been out of school, not working a lot, and sleeping a lot more and my skin looks way better. I've had a terrible month and since things started improving I look better too. Because my regimen is the same every single day, it's not that. I never skip. Wow, well congratulations happy for you :D

Stress is terrible for healing skin, I've found. I went through a period of intense stress when my skin started scarring a little bit and other things went to shit in my life, which led to bad acne and worse scarring, and eventually got so bad that my hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows started shedding and haven't stopped for two months now. My skin has thinned-out and become more sensitive, as well. Seriously, stress sucks.

I'm currently reading a book on how psychological problems such as stress can manifest themselves in the skin and am finding it very informative (http://grossbart.com/SkinDeep.pdf). I think the mind may be a major contributing factor in some cases of acne.

It's a vicious cycle!!

Found any good stress relief things? Just got in a fight with my mom and my blood is boiling.

For me I play guitar or play some loud music.

Or write how I'm feeling.

It's a vicious cycle!!

loud music or i just talk to someone im close with and just let it all out :)

Stress is a curse alright, definitely feel like it plays a part in how my skin looks. I really try to take a calm approach to my skin and try not to stress over it because it does only make it worse I find.

Work is a bit stressful right now, because its nearly the summer holidays and trying to control the kids is impossible, theyre all hyper. I find the best thing for me is, after school, go for a run and lose all my irritatedness at them by running it out of me. :)

Stress is a curse alright, definitely feel like it plays a part in how my skin looks. I really try to take a calm approach to my skin and try not to stress over it because it does only make it worse I find.

Work is a bit stressful right now, because its nearly the summer holidays and trying to control the kids is impossible, theyre all hyper. I find the best thing for me is, after school, go for a run and lose all my irritatedness at them by running it out of me. :)

Haha do you work at a school or have children yourself? I definitely think I need to go to the gym it helps!!