Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePwns

Do red marks take longer to fade on certain areas?

I have some red marks on my cheek by my ear and they have been there forever. They are still pretty red after 9 months while other areas have faded quicker. I am a bit concerned if they will even go away in time..

Has anybody had this same experience?

Guest frogskinshoelace

I think the cheeks take the longest to fade, as it is the thickest layer of skin on the face. 9 months, you arent very far along. If you havent seen major results yet, you may be in for a few years. I am speaking from experience. I had red marks for 4 years, without seeing improvement.

My red marks used to fade away after 6 months when I was in my teens. I hope they will fade; all of my many red marks in the past has faded.. the cheeks dont take as long as other areas for me

thanks for the response

Guest frogskinshoelace
My red marks used to fade away after 6 months when I was in my teens. I hope they will fade; all of my many red marks in the past has faded.. the cheeks dont take as long as other areas for me

thanks for the response

Hm, its a mystery then. Just do what you did when you were in your teens, and I would assume the marks should fade in time. Those marks are just being stubborn, but its in your skins makeup to fade them away.

I have one mark near my eye that changes tones. Some weeks it's really red and others it's a pinkish color (lighter red). Not really sure what's going on there.

Since seemingly having acne under control, meaning taking antibiotics and not having nearly as many breakouts, I've had my scars for 3 years now...in total, I've had them for a little over 6 years. I think they go away eventually...it's just that whenever a new one forms you have to get rid of it as soon as possible, instead of being dumb and not doing anything about them. I think most people have problems getting help soon enough. If I have ever kids, the first sign of acne and they'll be going to the dermatologist; no way will I let them go through what I went through my junior high-high school/college days.

If I have ever kids, the first sign of acne and they'll be going to the dermatologist; no way will I let them go through what I went through my junior high-high school/college days.

I wish you were my daddy =(

my skin sucked, i acted sorta fast but you know the drill first you have to try some antibiotics, if those dont work you get antibiotic creams, if those dont work you try more creams, if those dont work some more creams, then finally accutane. Took 2 years of wait and see to finally get something thatll do a darn thing and by that time i was SOL darn marks.

Edited by Cabron

I think most people have problems getting help soon enough. If I have ever kids, the first sign of acne and they'll be going to the dermatologist; no way will I let them go through what I went through my junior high-high school/college days.

Totally agree! If I ever got children, I would also tell them to say anything to me about it, if they see the slightest sign of it (since my kind of acne is coming slowly and unnoticed, but you can't really stop it and it's leaving a lot of scars, even without picking it) and how they shouldn't be ashamed of telling it to me. Then they would be prepared for it, and know that I would be there to help them.

If I have ever kids, the first sign of acne and they'll be going to the dermatologist; no way will I let them go through what I went through my junior high-high school/college days.

my skin sucked, i acted sorta fast but you know the drill first you have to try some antibiotics, if those dont work you get antibiotic creams, if those dont work you try more creams, if those dont work some more creams, then finally accutane. Took 2 years of wait and see to finally get something thatll do a darn thing and by that time i was SOL darn marks.

I didn't act fast, unfortunatly :/. Since my acne was "sneaky" and started out like small, unnocent dots, that you barely would notice, then I didn't care about it. My mum did buy some products for me, but they were for the wrong skin type :/.

ive only had acne around my mouth and it faded within a month when the regimen actually started to pay off, ive only had one bump near my ear and it faded in a week, may i suggest vitamin e and zinc? Zinc is an anti inflammatory, and Vitamin e repairs skin!

Edited by Nickay213

Same here...well I tried stuff...just about everything. I should of just gotten on an antibiotic quicker than what I did. Tried basically every acne cream, but I think acne is more of an internal issue where you have to take some form of antibiotic to quick breaking out. Mine just got way too out of control with acne sitting on my face for years where now it'll take a long time for the scars to go away. Hopefully I don't have too much longer to go; I'd realllyyyyyy like to be able to celebrate my 21st birthday (little over a year from now) with a clear face. That would be my ultimate wish. I don't think anything would be any more awesome than that.

Same here...well I tried stuff...just about everything. I should of just gotten on an antibiotic quicker than what I did. Tried basically every acne cream, but I think acne is more of an internal issue where you have to take some form of antibiotic to quick breaking out. Mine just got way too out of control with acne sitting on my face for years where now it'll take a long time for the scars to go away. Hopefully I don't have too much longer to go; I'd realllyyyyyy like to be able to celebrate my 21st birthday (little over a year from now) with a clear face. That would be my ultimate wish. I don't think anything would be any more awesome than that.

You have to control your breakouts (even though its impossible some times). New breakouts are basically making you start all over again.

You have to control your breakouts (even though its impossible some times). New breakouts are basically making you start all over again.

lol ya, but it only takes me 3-5 days to get rid of new pimples/red marks, whereas the ones I had a long time are still there. If I went to a dermatologist back in junior high when it started, I would be 99% clear right now.