Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey,

I've been reading the foundation thread and also the beauty tips thread, but I just wanted some advise about what foundation would be best for my skin type?

I have kind of bad acne scaring, large open pours (cheeks being the worst!) and really oily skin. My skin also gets red very easily, i think this could be rosacea, but i am not 100% certain, so i wear foundation pretty much to hide the redness.

Currently i wear:

Mac prep & prime SPF50 - it's pretty good, holds off the greasiness for longer than without and i think makes my pours look a little less visible.

Maybeline dream matte mouse foundation

Rimmel stay matte pressed powder.

I'd say these provide good coverage for the redness but not as much for the scars, and does tend to clog pours. I love the dream matte mouse as it's so thick and creamy, but light too, so prob does provide the best coverage i can expect? I don't know how i'd get along with a liquid foundation to be honest, i'd be a little nervous that it wouldn't provide the coverage the matte mouse does.

Based on the tips, I’m going to try clinique’s pour minimiser, MAC blot powder and fix+ spray, maybe if these do work I’d scrap using the prep and prime.

Just feeling really self conscious about my skin at the moment, so I think I need a change.

I know how u feel I'm verY self coscious about my skin too... I do have some scarring on my cheeks as well... I've tried out a bunch of foundations .. The dream matte mouse I didn't quite like because it felt cakey ish to me... I really like revlon custom creations... And since I have oily skin I use maybelline shine free compact. Love that stuff... My scars are barely noticeable with my routine... You should try revlon customs creations. :)

Please try Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination skin. You could return it if you don't like it, so you really have nothing to lose. I too have acne scarring and lots of large pores. This foundation basically lasts all day (guess that's where it got its name haha), doesn't oxidize/melt/seperate, it's water-proof, doesn't break me out, isn't expensive, and most importantly covers most of my imperfections. I apply it with a cosmetic sponge and dab + blend a little section of my face at a time. A little goes a long way, so be careful with looking cakey, though I've put on layers before and it looked decent. Another important thing for disguising your imperfections is a primer; I see you've got that down. Sephora's Immediate Wrinkle Filler fills my acne scars as much as I think they could fill. I would suggest it. Let me know how it goes : )