Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dontwantacne

What can i do to get rid of this?

My acne just seems to keep getting worse and ive been eating healthy for a month now. my skin is so oily and just feels gross. Any other suggestions to what i can do holistically to help improve my face. I recently had a lactose intelorance test which came back negative, also on Monday i had a colonoscopy performed due to stomach problems. the results to the biopsy will be on tuesday. Maybe something that is wrong with my stomach is causing acne. pics

i wish my acne was only that bad, have you ever thought about takin vitamin b5?

I think your skin is nice and don't worry about your skin flushing itself to get rid of toxins and impurities.

See you have spots but they are not inflamed and i bet they heal within a week.

It shows your on the right track, can we have an overview of your diet just to make sure your not eating anything that MIGHT break you out.

My acne just seems to keep getting worse and ive been eating healthy for a month now. my skin is so oily and just feels gross. Any other suggestions to what i can do holistically to help improve my face. I recently had a lactose intelorance test which came back negative, also on Monday i had a colonoscopy performed due to stomach problems. the results to the biopsy will be on tuesday. Maybe something that is wrong with my stomach is causing acne. pics

I hope the biopsy turns out okay!

Stomach problems? Pain, cramping, diarrhea, constipation? If any of those, consider probiotics. Check with your doctor first, though, as there may be other contraindications for supplementation that I don't know about.

I hope the biopsy turns out okay!

Stomach problems? Pain, cramping, diarrhea, constipation? If any of those, consider probiotics. Check with your doctor first, though, as there may be other contraindications for supplementation that I don't know about.

Yeah i hipe so to! I have been taking probiotics for a year they didnt really help. The doctor said he found two small things in my stomach but he said he doubt it was anything serouis so thats good.

I think your skin is nice and don't worry about your skin flushing itself to get rid of toxins and impurities.

See you have spots but they are not inflamed and i bet they heal within a week.

It shows your on the right track, can we have an overview of your diet just to make sure your not eating anything that MIGHT break you out.

But all those marks have been there for a couple of months, it seems my skin stinks at healing. As for my diet i dont eat diary, fried foods or processed stuff. My typical day is a fruit smoothie in the morning a salad for lunch and a meat or fish with vegetables for dinner.

MSM and aloe vera would be my suggestions. oh and coconut oil/butter.

i pour some msm powder on my palms then a touch of natural cleanser and wash with that. i follow up with coconut butter - not too much.

also take msm orally - it tastes of shit. but is very good.

when i get acne where you've got it, it's down to sugar...

What kind of greens are you putting into your salads? Are you eating LOTS of leafy greens, like spinach, kale, collard greens, mustard greens and so on? Are you eating a wide variety of veggies? Have you considered an intolerance to nightshade veggies? How do you make your smoothies? Do you had in greens? Are you using mango, pineapple, bananas or other sugary fruits?

Or

Have you tried simply just waiting it out for another month? Some people can take up to 2 months to really see improvement and sometimes it gets worse before it gets better.

My salad usually contains leafy romaine lettuce, red peppers, carrots and small amount of chicken or turkey. I eat alot of broccoli, green beans, spinach, asparagus, carrots, and cauliflower. And for the smoothie i put in some blueberries, black berries, peaches, strawberries, spinach or some type of veggie, some greek yogurt or almond milk.

Is there anything I can do that would help the oil on my face?

What did the doctor find in your stomach?

Im not sure he was talking to my mother about it, he said nothing serious. I'll get the results tuesday.

My salad usually contains leafy romaine lettuce, red peppers, carrots and small amount of chicken or turkey. I eat alot of broccoli, green beans, spinach, asparagus, carrots, and cauliflower. And for the smoothie i put in some blueberries, black berries, peaches, strawberries, spinach or some type of veggie, some greek yogurt or almond milk.

Is there anything I can do that would help the oil on my face?

Have you considered cutting out the greek yogurt and just use the almond milk? (assuming it is unsweetened, plain)

Not sure if this will help you or not, but I stopped using peaches in my smoothies because I noticed an increase in oil production when I used them. It only happens with peaches, pineapple and mango. You could always try and see if that may be causing it for you, too.

If I ate like you, I would have stomach problems too.

You are eating a ton of vegetables and fiber! They can be very hard on your stomach.

Hey!

Getting your grains in is not only important for acne, but overall health. I switched to gluten free carbs (like spelt, kamut etc), brown rice etc. Do you do any face masks like egg white and lemon?

Hey!

Getting your grains in is not only important for acne, but overall health. I switched to gluten free carbs (like spelt, kamut etc), brown rice etc. Do you do any face masks like egg white and lemon?

I actually bought spelt crackers and they were delicous. Do they sell spelt bread? And i tried the gg mask many times, i cant tell if helps or not.

Hey!

I actually bought spelt crackers and they were delicous. Do they sell spelt bread? And i tried the gg mask many times, i cant tell if helps or not.

LOL people...

Spelt has gluten!

Hey!

LOL people...

Spelt has gluten!

What doesnt have gluten?

Without reading all of the replies, your skin looks good. From what I have heard, the beginning is the worst, and your system is just excreting all the crap that has been floating around for some time. This is quite natural, and an encouraging sign that the worst will soon be over.

Hey!

LOL people...

Spelt has gluten!

What doesnt have gluten?

Corn and rice don't have gluten if you want to eat some grains. Potatoes are also gluten-free.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten-free_diet

Edited by Healthoid

Hey!

LOL people...

Spelt has gluten!

What doesnt have gluten?

Corn and rice don't have gluten if you want to eat some grains. Potatoes are also gluten-free.

Ok thanks alot! Is there anything else in particular that i shouldnt eat beside dairy, greasy foods and tons of fruit.

Hey!

LOL people...

Spelt has gluten!

What doesnt have gluten?

Ok thanks alot! Is there anything else in particular that i shouldnt eat beside dairy, greasy foods and tons of fruit.

Greasy food is actually generally ok...but you don't want bread-fried food because it will have gluten (like onion rings, fried chicken, etc.).

Basically a paleo diet is best for beginners. That means no grains, no dairy and no legumes.