Notifications
Clear all

The bumps on chin. Are these acne?

MemberMember
(@hu)

Posted : 06/09/2010 6:38 pm

I have these bumps in my chin that won't go away. I've been applying burt bees 0.75% salicylic acid spot treatment for several months now but nothing happens, the bumps are still there. I tried squeezing them but nothing comes out and I don't see any pore opening on them. They seem to be filled with fluid but I'm just afraid of pricking them with a needle. The bumps are not itchy and they don't hurt when pressed. Please help me know what are these. Thanks.

post-130991-1276126574_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@strangeskinbumpswtf)

Posted : 01/04/2011 7:29 pm

I have these bumps in my chin that won't go away. I've been applying burt bees 0.75% salicylic acid spot treatment for several months now but nothing happens, the bumps are still there. I tried squeezing them but nothing comes out and I don't see any pore opening on them. They seem to be filled with fluid but I'm just afraid of pricking them with a needle. The bumps are not itchy and they don't hurt when pressed. Please help me know what are these. Thanks.

post-130991-1276126574_thumb.jpg

[/quote

Ive got those. Other people on this board have them. Nobody knows what they are. Im going to the derm on Thursday, this shit is ridiculous. Have you ever taken oral antibiotics for acne?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/06/2011 4:38 am

hey strangeskinbumps, just curious, but did you take oral antibiotics for acne? Did these oral antibiotics cause these skin bumps?

Which oral antibiotics did you take and how long did you take them?

Did you ever use cetaphil moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@strangeskinbumpswtf)

Posted : 01/13/2011 10:40 am

hey strangeskinbumps, just curious, but did you take oral antibiotics for acne? Did these oral antibiotics cause these skin bumps?

Yes I took oral antibiotics, but I cant tell you if they caused these.

Doxycycline on and off for a year and a half.

Not before these bumps.

Do you all notice these being linked to a a hair follicle?

MemberMember
(@skinsolution)

Posted : 01/13/2011 5:56 pm

I have this exact same issue i used oral antibiotics a long time ago, but i do use cetaphil everyday..does this have something to do with it?

MemberMember
(@strangeskinbumpswtf)

Posted : 01/14/2011 6:58 pm

I have this exact same issue i used oral antibiotics a long time ago, but i do use cetaphil everyday..does this have something to do with it?

I doubt a moisturizer could cause these. I'm thinking these are just really deep clogged pores. They are impossible to get rid of (at least for me).

MemberMember
(@magggpie)

Posted : 03/09/2011 5:15 pm

I had these exact things. My derm gave me ziana gel, and it worked like a charm. put only a TINY BIT on...you'll flake for a couple weeks, but these will disappear.

MemberMember
(@hageli)

Posted : 02/18/2015 8:47 pm

Did you guys ever find a cure?? I have this. Please let me know of you found a treatment that worked!!!

MemberMember
(@seashells-789)

Posted : 01/07/2022 11:35 pm

On 3/10/2011 at 3:45 AM, Magggpie said:

I had these exact things. My derm gave me ziana gel, and it worked like a charm. put only a TINY BIT on...you'll flake for a couple weeks, but these will disappear.

do you have any before after pics?