Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bump left from popped pimple?

Hey,

I did a TCA treatment about 5 or 6 days ago, but I had a pimple come up on my cheek from stress (I think), 2 days ago it was really sticking out, the white stuff at the top, and when I moved my tongue around, it popped itself, so I applied a little pressure to get the white stuff all out, and even though I didn't press too hard, a bit of blood did come out.

I cleaned it a little with a dab of hydrogen peroxide, and rubbed some polysporin on it with a bandaid for the night.

The next day it healed, there was just a tiny pore sized red dot where the pimple came out, but there was a small bump were the pimple was (not infected, just raised skin). I massaged a bit more polysporin on it across the day, today I don't think it looks much better, just less red...

It's only been about two days, it doesn't look irritated, just a little red, and I'm applying polysporin to it about 3-4 times a day, with a little massage and pressure to prevent scarring.

It is usual for pimples to leave a bump on the skin, and is it usually just temporary? I don't mind a flat blemish - but I'd hate to have a permanent Keloid (raised) scar : ( And because I just had a TCA peel last week, might this also turn it into a keloid scar?

(but yeah, i might just be paranoid - it's only been two days since it popped.)

Just calm down and let the bloody bump to heal by itself. Don't over use the polysporin. You can also apply a little bit of BP and some wound healer.

Hey,

I did a TCA treatment about 5 or 6 days ago, but I had a pimple come up on my cheek from stress (I think), 2 days ago it was really sticking out, the white stuff at the top, and when I moved my tongue around, it popped itself, so I applied a little pressure to get the white stuff all out, and even though I didn't press too hard, a bit of blood did come out.

I cleaned it a little with a dab of hydrogen peroxide, and rubbed some polysporin on it with a bandaid for the night.

The next day it healed, there was just a tiny pore sized red dot where the pimple came out, but there was a small bump were the pimple was (not infected, just raised skin). I massaged a bit more polysporin on it across the day, today I don't think it looks much better, just less red...

It's only been about two days, it doesn't look irritated, just a little red, and I'm applying polysporin to it about 3-4 times a day, with a little massage and pressure to prevent scarring.

It is usual for pimples to leave a bump on the skin, and is it usually just temporary? I don't mind a flat blemish - but I'd hate to have a permanent Keloid (raised) scar : ( And because I just had a TCA peel last week, might this also turn it into a keloid scar?

(but yeah, i might just be paranoid - it's only been two days since it popped.)

Two days is too soon to tell whether it will be a permanent bump or not. Check out the rest of the information in the second link in my signature; include the icing as that helps with swelling and inflammation.

Don't use hydrogen peroxide as that can cause problems including malformation of the healing tissue. If you simply MUST use hydrogen peroxide, at least dilute the common household 3-4% with some water, use it, then rinse it off completely.

I doubt it's permanent but like Wynn said it's way too soon

you may have to wait several weeks before you know it's permanent

Plus I heard sometimes when you pop a pimple some of the stuff can shoot backwards instead of out. This has happened to me before, even when they had a white head or whatever. I think I got everything out but there is still some left and that's why I used to have bumps last. I would say don't pick at it at all :) Just wait and apply a topical.

Plus I heard sometimes when you pop a pimple some of the stuff can shoot backwards instead of out. This has happened to me before, even when they had a white head or whatever. I think I got everything out but there is still some left and that's why I used to have bumps last. I would say don't pick at it at all :) Just wait and apply a topical.

Alright, thanks guys.

Yeah, I over-reacted,

I have a bit of OCD (honestly), so I obsess over the stupidest things, and hours later or the next day I'm like "Seriously? All that stress over a small blemish? I'm a superficial idiot."

I'll just stop applying polysporin, maybe put some ice on it, and take it easy :P