Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
californiaEstie

FULL MAKEUP ROUTINE- thoughts? :)

Great, inexpensive lip color: Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers. :P They range from subtle to flamboyant.

I actually picked one of these up last month at my health food store, it was a frosty rasberry color, so a bit on the flamboyant side, but very nice nonetheless!

They're my favorite lip color. And they smell, taste, and feel nice. I use mine as a chapstick, too. They're soothing.

Oooh I love Burt's Bees!! Haha for some reason lip stains are daunting to me at Sephora. Probably because I ALWAYS wear lip gloss or lipstick. I will definitely try the Burt's Bees:) That sounds really nice.

You look great! Anybody who tells you otherwise must be jealous! :D

I love your make-up, it is a perfect 1950s going out look! Your skin looks absolutely flawless and glowing afterwards, I must admit I am jealous!! I think the lip color is lovely and perfect for a night on the town or on its own with just mascara during the day. But then I just really like bright lipstick colors myself :)

Great, inexpensive lip color: Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers. :P They range from subtle to flamboyant.

I actually picked one of these up last month at my health food store, it was a frosty rasberry color, so a bit on the flamboyant side, but very nice nonetheless!

They're my favorite lip color. And they smell, taste, and feel nice. I use mine as a chapstick, too. They're soothing.

Agreed! I have three of their Lip Shimmers and four types of their balms. I looooover Burt's lip care stuff. : )

your makeup looks fresh, professional and gorgeous! i love the sheer but bright gloss, and your eyes are stunning. great job!

I totally agree! I wouldn't know you didn't have absolutely perfect skin.

Muchas gracias!! :D

[Disclaimer: I know these are expensive. It took me a LONG time to gather this group of makeup. I work a $9.00/hr job. So I am not suggesting everyone needs to get these... don't want to seem snobby. It's just what has worked the best for me! And it's my hobby... gotta spend my money somewhere! Promise.]

1. Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish, $36

2. Foundation: Teint Resist Long Wear Endless Comfort Transfer Resistant Foundation SPF10 (is it really necessary for the name to be so long? ridiculous lol), $55

3. Concealer: Amazing Cosmetics concealer, $42

4. Eyebrow pencil: Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil, $22

5. Blush: Benefit's Coralista blush, $28

6. Eyeshadow #1: Stila in Kitten, $18

7. Eyeshadow #2: Stila in Golightly, $18

8. Eyeshadow Primer: Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion $18

9. Eyeliner: Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner, $19

10. HD Powder: Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder, $30

11. Mascara: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!, $19

+If anyone is curious about why I would pay this amount for these products, I'd be more than happy to explain their merits :)

Aw my skin's alright, you could do much better! Seriously, if I returned all my makeup (that I have ever gotten) I would be a millionaire. But at least eventually you find things you like and use all the time.

I'm definitely buying the foundation, concealer, eyebrow pencil, blush, eye shadow primer, and hd powder all on my first paycheck. lol hope you don't mind if I copy you ;) It's just your face looks fresh and flawless!

Also, I noticed you put on concealer after your foundation. Does it work better this way?

I love your make-up, it is a perfect 1950s going out look! Your skin looks absolutely flawless and glowing afterwards, I must admit I am jealous!! I think the lip color is lovely and perfect for a night on the town or on its own with just mascara during the day. But then I just really like bright lipstick colors myself :)

Haha don't you like bright lips? YSL has really cool bright lipsticks ;)

Thank you so much! It has taken me a long time to find something that works for me!!

Oooh I love Burt's Bees!! Haha for some reason lip stains are daunting to me at Sephora. Probably because I ALWAYS wear lip gloss or lipstick. I will definitely try the Burt's Bees:) That sounds really nice.

Let me know how you like it! I LOVE their Lip Shimmers. Sheesh, I should stop typing that. :P

Your lip gloss seemed like too much at first but not AT ALL after you applied your eye makeup. Very beautiful!

THANK YOU :dance:

your makeup looks fresh, professional and gorgeous! i love the sheer but bright gloss, and your eyes are stunning. great job!

Thank you thank you! I appreciate it, it's encouragement to me :D Very nice of you.

Do you use a pencil eyeliner?... and how do you apply it? I always pull my lid to apply eyeliner but I think that's bad to do.

Yes I use Smashbox's Limitless eyeliner. It's pencil. I do pull my lid a bit. It's bad but its the easiest way. I try to close my eyes 3/4 way anyway to make it easier. With this pencil it's easier to do it quickly because it's nice and dark and thick, but still has good precision :)

I totally agree! I wouldn't know you didn't have absolutely perfect skin.

Omg, it's music to my ears!! YAY :)

Muchas gracias!! :D

[Disclaimer: I know these are expensive. It took me a LONG time to gather this group of makeup. I work a $9.00/hr job. So I am not suggesting everyone needs to get these... don't want to seem snobby. It's just what has worked the best for me! And it's my hobby... gotta spend my money somewhere! Promise.]

1. Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish, $36

2. Foundation: Teint Resist Long Wear Endless Comfort Transfer Resistant Foundation SPF10 (is it really necessary for the name to be so long? ridiculous lol), $55

3. Concealer: Amazing Cosmetics concealer, $42

4. Eyebrow pencil: Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil, $22

5. Blush: Benefit's Coralista blush, $28

6. Eyeshadow #1: Stila in Kitten, $18

7. Eyeshadow #2: Stila in Golightly, $18

8. Eyeshadow Primer: Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion $18

9. Eyeliner: Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner, $19

10. HD Powder: Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder, $30

11. Mascara: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!, $19

+If anyone is curious about why I would pay this amount for these products, I'd be more than happy to explain their merits :)

Aw my skin's alright, you could do much better! Seriously, if I returned all my makeup (that I have ever gotten) I would be a millionaire. But at least eventually you find things you like and use all the time.

I'm definitely buying the foundation, concealer, eyebrow pencil, blush, eye shadow primer, and hd powder all on my first paycheck. lol hope you don't mind if I copy you ;) It's just your face looks fresh and flawless!

Also, I noticed you put on concealer after your foundation. Does it work better this way?

Oh haha I don't mind AT ALL, it's flattering :clap:

Thank you very much. Oh yes, if I put on concealer first it just gets wiped off!!! That has never worked for me. And this way, I can powder my concealer to set it easier.

Let me know how you like it! I LOVE their Lip Shimmers. Sheesh, I should stop typing that. :P

Haha no I love the passion about a product, that means it's worthy!! :D

I think I will go pick some up right now... maybe I'll post a picture and ask which shade you guys like best!

Definitely not even close to drag queen.

Your eye makeup is far from too much imo--it is perfect. Your skin looks flawless. I think a pink nude or a peachy nude lipstick/gloss would look great with that look.

Definitely not even close to drag queen.

Your eye makeup is far from too much imo--it is perfect. Your skin looks flawless. I think a pink nude or a peachy nude lipstick/gloss would look great with that look.

Thank you very much! :) Love your avatar makeup!

I wish I could apply make up half as good as you! As much as I like to draw, I never could seem to do it on my face lol :shrug: I agree w/ most comments too - all the makeup is great but that lip gloss w/ dark eyes is a bit much. Your skin is great though - I bet you could get away with just concealer, blush and mascara most days.

I'm reallllly liking that Coralista blush and think I might have to get some. I've seen it and thought it looked nice but never tried it.

There is a great lip gloss from Bath & Body Works called C&C Bigelow menthashine or something like that. It has subtle color and is minty fresh =]

I like this thread. I enjoy them when they are like this. ^_^

Also, I like your eye makeup. It very nice. It's not too much. :)

Awww haha like what? Fun and lighthearted? Haha I hope so anyway. It's nice to just have a silly post once in awhile.

And gracias! :D

I wish I could apply make up half as good as you! As much as I like to draw, I never could seem to do it on my face lol :shrug: I agree w/ most comments too - all the makeup is great but that lip gloss w/ dark eyes is a bit much. Your skin is great though - I bet you could get away with just concealer, blush and mascara most days.

I'm reallllly liking that Coralista blush and think I might have to get some. I've seen it and thought it looked nice but never tried it.

There is a great lip gloss from Bath & Body Works called C&C Bigelow menthashine or something like that. It has subtle color and is minty fresh =]

Awww thank you!!! It's taken me a long time to do it properly. But now it's all good! I use my fingers for most of it too. I use a brush for blush and powder and eyeshadow but that's it. Okay tone down the lips :D

Thank you so much!! My mom likes the blush and mascara look a lot. Maybe I should trust her haha.

Ooooh, I think I will try that! Sounds nice especially for summer. & yes, Coralista is awesome. It's great for fair skin (at least in my case), I don't know about darker tones but I'm sure it would go with almost anyone. A wonderful peachy-gold-pink color that isn't to overwhelming but makes you glow. And it lasts forever!

I have the same opinion as the majority. Your eye makeup is good for everyday use, but your gloss doesn't mesh well with your overall look. I'm guilty of wearing going out makeup as my everyday look, even for work. I can't help it, without it, everyone thinks I'm a 16 year old girl.

Here's how my eye makeup looks pretty much everyday (I know it's a bit much, and not for everyone). I also pencil in my eyebrows, which I only started doing this year.

post-96265-1276715698.jpg

post-96265-1276715698.jpg

Edited by electric_feel