Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dotty1

List of most common food sensitivities & Floating Stool Test

Also, it could be a yeast sensitivity since yeast is in beer. Many gluten-sensitive individuals also have a yeast sensitivity. You might want to try eliminating both for awhile.

I don't think it the yeast. I tried dry cider that is also fermented with yeast and I have no problems with it. Also I never saw difference between filtered / unfiltered beer.

Even easier test will be trying unfiltered cider which will definitely have yeast in it. Or eating some yeast of course but I'm quite sure that it's the gluten. Also at least 2 of my uncles have celiac disease.

Well, if two of your uncles have Celiac Disease, you probably have it too. Four of my relatives have it.

Have you looked at the other 300 symptoms of Celiac Disease?

http://glutenfreeworks.com/gluten-disorder.../symptom-guide/

Here are a few of the random eye symptoms of Celiac Disease associated. I am posting their definition because I didn't know what the scientific names meant.

Blepharitis - Inflammation of the eyelash follicles

Bitot’s Spots - Foamy patches on whites of eye (My friend had this and tested positive for CD)

Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca - Dry eye syndrome

Keratomalacia - A dry cornea

Xerophthalmia - Another disease that causes dry eyes

On message boards for Celiac Disease, there are quite a few people who mention having watery eyes as a symptom.

Edited by Dotty1

Have you looked at the other 300 symptoms of Celiac Disease?

Yeah I checked it and but my symptoms aren't really that severe so it was kind of hard to make the connection. Also the symptoms have around 2-3 days or more delay. The next day my skin looks clearly more inflamed though.

Mainly loose stools, quite mild acne in unusual places for me, fatigue and feeling down mentally.

Edit: getting a diagnose for celiac disease would be cool as that would mean around 26$ free money per month :D

The mild symptoms you listed are all the symptoms I had. The diagnostic Celiac Blood tests have an accuracy rate of about 40%. I was given a false negative and so were my friends. But our symptoms went away within days of eliminating gluten.

I tested positive in a stool test offered by EnteroLab for $99. They count the number of white blood cells that attack the gluten when it is in the stool.

***Mod Edit: Removed URL***

I was satisfied with their services.

Edited by Siava

I had the actual biopsy of my intestine to see if I was celiac and it came back negative. I dont seem to have problems with gluten... sometimes I think I do but it might be a coincidence. I've cut it out before and felt "lighter"... hard to explain...but my acne didnt change. Honestly I WISH it was that easy for me... I want to just be able to cut one food out and be CLEAR. I'd rather it be a food sensitivity problem than a hormonal problem because hormonal problems are SOOO friggen hard to fix. When I cut dairy out my acne improved about 50%.... so I was half way there... now what?? Gotta do some liver cleanses and get my sensitivities tested.

I had the actual biopsy of my intestine to see if I was celiac and it came back negative. I dont seem to have problems with gluten... sometimes I think I do but it might be a coincidence. I've cut it out before and felt "lighter"... hard to explain...but my acne didnt change. Honestly I WISH it was that easy for me... I want to just be able to cut one food out and be CLEAR. I'd rather it be a food sensitivity problem than a hormonal problem because hormonal problems are SOOO friggen hard to fix. When I cut dairy out my acne improved about 50%.... so I was half way there... now what?? Gotta do some liver cleanses and get my sensitivities tested.

Just to let you know, the biopsy gives false negatives too. So keep that in mind :).

I don't live in US and they only accept diagnose from a sample of small intestine to get that compensation.

But aren't you interested in learning if you are gluten sensitive whether or not it involves getting money?

Well, today was my "onion" day. I ate 4 sauteed onions (and a few bites of raw onion which tasted like a spicy apple).

I felt a bit drowsy after eating the first plateful (so did my mom). I had diarrhea by nightfall and my complexion has begun peeling like I have sunburn (hyperkeratinization). I think I finally found the trigger food that causes me to always have dead skin on my face.

I also have flatulence because of the onions and very light stomach cramps. My mom had similar symptoms (except her reaction was more severe -- numb lips, numb fingers. She has never eaten onions in such large quantities and neither have I).

Edited by Dotty1

Hi, sorry, finally replying to PANIC's threadpost question from June 14 ... I never went off the anti-candida diet that I described. So I've been on the diet for 15 years.

Hi, sorry, finally replying to PANIC's threadpost question from June 14 ... I never went off the anti-candida diet that I described. So I've been on the diet for 15 years.

On an anri candida diet for 15 years????? Holy EFF!! LOL..... sorry I would die... I love fruit.

Too funny ... I don't even remember what fruit tastes like. I do supplement Vitamin C, and I eat a ton of different veggies, and every once and a while I'll have a few blueberries, but that's really it. Once again, I'm way-skinny, and I have a full physical every year and I'm healthy, so apparently the "Dr. Atkins" diet, as we called it back-in-the-day, is okay :)

Too funny ... I don't even remember what fruit tastes like. I do supplement Vitamin C, and I eat a ton of different veggies, and every once and a while I'll have a few blueberries, but that's really it. Once again, I'm way-skinny, and I have a full physical every year and I'm healthy, so apparently the "Dr. Atkins" diet, as we called it back-in-the-day, is okay :)

Interesting Simple... What is your candida diet like exactly? Are you including any non gluten grains? Do you eat any brown rice or sweet potatoes every once in a while?

I've been strict strict strict candida diet for the past 3 months and it has worked incredibly for clearing my sudden acne I started getting last year after being clear for years. I'm currently doing a bunch of cleansing and if all goes well would like to s-l-o-w-l-y re-introduce some foods into my diet.

If I end up being able to eat some carbs on a regular basis then I have no problem eating this way for the rest of my life, I never ate much fruit anyways and the only thing I miss is the carbs since I'm an active weightlifter.

PANIC

Tdot, if your body cannot digest fats properly, you should not purchase supplements that digest fats for your body. You should focus on the underlying cause of why your body can't do such a simple task.

Two years ago, I discovered my body could not break down any protein properly. I had cystic acne 12 hours after eating any protein (meat, dairy, eggs, nuts, soy, beans, tofu). So I did not eat those foods for 1.5 years because my acne was so painful. (Side note: I discovered I remained quite healthy when obtaining small amounts of protein in broccoli, potatoes, kale and other veggies :think:).

I found that my body could not digest protein because I have Celiac Disease and a tomato sensitivity. These two foods prevent my system from digesting proteins properly. I might have a citrus sensitivity, too.

Good luck!!

I thought celiac disease was when you can't digest gluten.

I suffer a lot of bowel problems (diarrhea, floating stools) but haven't been able to point the trigger, though i haven't tried a complete elimination diet. I have been tested for celiac disease but this came back o.k and tried a diary free diet but no luck.

Just noticed that the last couple of days my gut area has been HUGE. Earlier if i pushed my stomach out as far as possible it barely increased, its usualy fairly flat. Just had my daily number 2 and it ALL floated, even the biggest part (sorry LOL).

Lately i've been eating more eggs and walnuts, so il be cutting out both and see the effect. My acne is also getting worse over the last couple days, so im sure there is a connection.

Just noticed that the last couple of days my gut area has been HUGE. Earlier if i pushed my stomach out as far as possible it barely increased, its usualy fairly flat. Just had my daily number 2 and it ALL floated, even the biggest part (sorry LOL).

Lately i've been eating more eggs and walnuts, so il be cutting out both and see the effect. My acne is also getting worse over the last couple days, so im sure there is a connection.

I get this too... and unfortunately just from reading your post I have realized that I have cutout wheat for the past week and I have not had this bloating problem once :(... I was hoping I wouldnt feel much different.

I dont react well to walnuts either...

I thought celiac disease was when you can't digest gluten.

I suffer a lot of bowel problems (diarrhea, floating stools) but haven't been able to point the trigger, though i haven't tried a complete elimination diet. I have been tested for celiac disease but this came back o.k and tried a diary free diet but no luck.

Yes, Celiac Disease is the inability to digest gluten. But there are 299 symptoms that can be displayed other than digestive issues. To a gluten sensitive individual, gluten can go on to wreck the entire body. Miscarriages, IBS, constant canker sores...

If you took the Celiac Blood test, that test has a 40% error rate. The biopsy also misdiagnoses.

I've had 4 friends, including myself, who took those tests and were told they were not gluten sensitive. But we were all later diagnosed as severe Celiacs.

If I were you, I'd take a gluten sensitivity stool test for $99. It has a 94% accuracy rate. www.EnteroLab.com

I don't know how long you followed the gluten-free diet, but my body is still healing after 6 months of being gluten-free.

300 Symptoms of Celiac Disease:

http://glutenfreeworks.com/gluten-disorder.../symptom-guide/

I had canker sores, painful menstruation, fatigue, irritability, stools that floated every day for 5 years, anxiety. I really didn't experience digestive issues. It just seemed like all my issues were unrelated. But all of them disappeared when after being gluten free for 3 months.

I used testyourintolerance.com (the Uk version) and loved the results. It was cheap and quick, and the results have actually helped me clear up my acne, I was intolerant to dairy all along and I didn't know! The only problem was that the website looks a bit crappy, but that probably just shows how they keep there prices low, haha!

Interesting post, but I actually want to comment about:

"It takes 20 minutes to turn a live steer into a hamburger. One-third of cattle are blinking, looking around and mooing as their tails are cut off, their hooves removed, their hides pulled off and their bellies ripped open. It is happening all over North America. Veterinarians feel its out of control but the government says there is nothing they can do about it." --The Washington Post's "They Die Piece By Piece" (April 11, 2001)

Animals are ripped apart (w/ eyes blinking, mooing...) by other animals in the wild. This happens everyday-coyotes eating rabbits, lions mutilating antelope etc. etc.

Just curious if any thought was put in to the matter from that point of view. It's okay for animals to kill each other, but humans are not suppose to kill for food? I'm a little confused on how that works.

Animals are ripped apart (w/ eyes blinking, mooing...) by other animals in the wild. This happens everyday-coyotes eating rabbits, lions mutilating antelope etc. etc.

Most kill the animal before ripping it apart. And aren't we better than that?

Also, butchering the animals alive isn't the only affect of the rush to process the animals so fast to be able to sell it as cheap as consumers and McDonald's demand. There's also the lack of hygiene, i.e. feces in the hamburger.