Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basically what bek_cogent said. I wish they said something else besides pea-sized. There are different peas and sizes lol so I'm not sure if I actually put on the recommended size. : P

I think I am applying too much but I don't know... a pea sized amount for your whole face? I have a lot of acne so how am I going to cover it all with a pea sized amount

I think I am applying too much but I don't know... a pea sized amount for your whole face? I have a lot of acne so how am I going to cover it all with a pea sized amount

Get a "large pea" BUT still PEA haha sized amount. Are you using a gel or cream? Cream is easier to spread around. The thing is, it doesn't need to be a heavy coating because that's not how retinoids work. I was used to gunking on stuff right on top of the pimple to kill it, but retinoids are more subtle.

I use gel and found it's easy to get full 'n fast coverage if you put the pea size medicine on one fingertip (I use my middle fingertip) and then rub both hands' fingertips together coating the three inner fingertips (use a circular motion). Does that make sense? I'm so sorry, it's hard to explain without being able to show you. It just takes a fraction of a second and then you can spread the retinoid quickly all over your face before it absorbs into the skin.

Hmm... so you use only the three fingertips to put it on correct?

From each hand. That way you can get both sides of the face at the same time. Darnit, I wish I could show you! :) You rub your fingertips together like you're smearing sunblock before application. It's super quick with the Retin-a, just 3 or 4 circular motions.

what exactly are retnoids? how do they work? and DO they work?

thank you

Retinoids are a topical derivative of vitamin A. They speed up cell turnover rate so dead skin cells don't get stuck within pores. Yes, they work for most people, but it takes a long time to see full results - several weeks at least. They prevent blemishes from forming and reduce fine wrinkles while evening skin tone. However, they also make the skin photosensitive and somewhat fragile. You definitely don't want to pick skin while using this stuff.

singingfool, just use your fingertips to smear together since it's just a pea size. You won't need your whole hands.

I've found the more gentle and quick you put it on the further it goes, if you rub it in hard it only covers like 1/2 my face..I don't know if you understand like the softer you put it on the more that stays on your fingers so you have some for your whole face..and a little goes along way.