Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm about to get the acne.org AHA and I have a couple of questions :

1. Does it make you break out if your skin is sensitive?

2. Do u use it every single night?

3. Can I use it if I'm currently using Retin-A micro 0.1% every single nite?

4. Does it do something for acne scarring/brown/red marks? from you guys experience ?

thankssssssssss.

(:

Some people do purge a little when they start using the AHA, but it's usually not a huge deal, so try not to worry about it too much.

I'm not sure how the AHA might react to the Retin-A Micro, so I'm not going to tell you that it's okay to use it (you might want to check that with the doctor or derm that prescribed you the Retin-A, just in case), but if you can use it, I suggest starting off by using it two or three times a week for a few weeks to see how your skin responds. Then, if it goes well, and if you want to, you can try slowly increasing how often you use it. I wouldn't recommend using it more than once daily at the most, though, since it's pretty potent, and over-doing it may irritate your skin.

Be sure to use sunscreen any time you're going to be exposed to sunlight (even on cloudy days, since UV rays can penetrate cloud cover) for at least a week following any AHA use, since it can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and more prone to burning.

And yes, the AHA does help fade PIH for many people.