Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DokuroChan

Wearing Glasses and Having Acne

Ok, so I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has severe acne and has to wear glasses too. What I want to know is, how do you go about cleaning your glasses? I have school so of course they get pretty dirty with dust and such. For a while now I just put rubbing alcohol on them (I think I may put too much on there; sometimes I find myself drenching them 0_0). But after-wards I always dry them clean with a tissue or face rag. Do you think cleaning my glasses like this is ok? Also, do you think it will aggravate my face from putting the glasses on after washing them in alcohol; even though I dry them after-wards??? I know that alcohol drys out your skin and causes it to get red so I defiantly don't want that to happen, seeing as how my face is pretty red already.

When I wore glasses I just washed them in the bathroom with warm, soapy water and dried them off with tissue paper or paper towels. I remember being worried about the alcohol idea, so just washed the glasses. :)

When I wore glasses I just washed them in the bathroom with warm, soapy water and dried them off with tissue paper or paper towels. I remember being worried about the alcohol idea, so just washed the glasses. :)

Thanks a lot, Wynne!!! Your a really big help!! I think I will start doing that from now on! =D Will I be alright though? I mean, right now my nose is hurting a little; I don't know if it's from the alcohol or from my skin getting dry on Accutane and my glasses rubbing against it. It doesn't look irritated or red or anything though.

It could definitely be from the accutane. The skin's a lot more sensitive to things it normally takes for granted when it's subjected to Accutane.

Just treat your skin gently, moisturize, use your gentle cleanser and keep on with the Accutane. If you do try the petroleum jelly massage technique, let me know how you like it. I'd do that at night and wipe off some of the jelly so my pillows wouldn't be icky. It's quite soothing.

Oh, also drink more fluids as Accutane can also have a generalized dehydrating effect. Not a huge amount of course, but just at least one glass more or two than you normally would have had before Accutane.

Very glad to be of help! I know that when you're on a medication, you've got lots of questions and derms don't always have time to answer them.

You might also want to check out the pinned posts at the top of the Accutane Posts forum; there's some very helpful information there.

all u need to do is wash them in warm water and soap-not just the lenses but the whole eyeglass, including the nose piece, the "arms" and parts that go behind your ears. dry with paper towel. wash at least weekly. i wear glasses too.