Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LoveGreenSmoothies

Subcision: Give me your story advice bc I'm getting it done!

I have no stories nor advice but just want to wish you happiness with the procedure! Good luck!

it works pretty well for rolling scars. you should ask the doctor to mark your scars before hand so he doesnt miss them

you will need 7-10 days for recovery

i hope your doctor is experienced

Thanks!

He's very experienced.

Is the recovery that bad or is that just recovery for appearances? I heard it is swelled and bruised, but haven't heard a lot about the pain factor.

I will have them mark before.

I want to get it done w/o local, because I am afraid of local meds, but I doubt they'd do that and I am sure it would really hurt.

Thanks!

He's very experienced.

Is the recovery that bad or is that just recovery for appearances? I heard it is swelled and bruised, but haven't heard a lot about the pain factor.

I will have them mark before.

I want to get it done w/o local, because I am afraid of local meds, but I doubt they'd do that and I am sure it would really hurt.

Oh ouch, I'm not sure that it's wise to have subcision done without a local anesthetic. There's a great deal of swelling as the tool's jabbed around (essentially) under the skin. There might be significant pain therafter and most definitely during without local. It's up to you of course but I'm a firm believer in pain relief being an important factor in good healing.

If it's possible, have the spots marked before the local is injected; I have read of some posters having slight swelling from the local anesthetic that caused the doctor to miss some areas.

7-10 days for appearance. there is virtually no pain during the downtime

Ive had subcision done without numbing shots and it's not that bad.. it just hurts a bit by the neck area

Ive had subcision done without numbing shots and it's not that bad.. it just hurts a bit by the neck area

I must be a wimp; I can only imagine it hurts greatly. :P

That's what I thought re: downtime.

Did it hurt by the neck because he worked there or was it referred pain from other areas?

I must be a wimp; I can only imagine it hurts greatly. :P

I imagine so too, but then, I don't know how deeply they go with the needle, so it may not hurt too bad. Maybe I can take something before hand, like a vicodin.

it hurt at the neck area because he performed subcision there; the neck nerves are sensitive.. i remember the area by the ear hurts more than the other areas as well

if you are just getting the cheeks, forehead or temples done then the pain is very bearable to me

it's by no means pain-free but it will last only 20 minutes and i would personally go thru much more pain to get rid of my scars.. the pain is so worth it for the improvements you get.. the physical pain you go thru is nowhere near the psychological pain you go thru from scars for so many years

if your scars are deep i would ask the doctor to go aggressive as well

Edited by AcnePwns

I will be mostly cheeks. None on neck, but some on chin.

If they go really aggressive is there a worse risk of further scarring? *Most* aren't too deep, I don't think. There are two that are and they are the ones that bother me the most, obviously.

I doubt the pain is worse than some procedures, like ablative lasers, yikes!

Thanks for answering all my questions. You're a big help!

it works pretty well for rolling scars. you should ask the doctor to mark your scars before hand so he doesnt miss them

you will need 7-10 days for recovery

i hope your doctor is experienced

This is correct, I definitley would only recommend subcision for somebody with legitimate rolling/deep/wide scars. I couldn't see it helping for pretty much any other type of scar.

The ones I'd be getting it on are the type that I would get restylane. I would just get the restylane but I am afraid some are bound down. My fear is that some of them are too shallow for subcision.

The ones I'd be getting it on are the type that I would get restylane. I would just get the restylane but I am afraid some are bound down. My fear is that some of them are too shallow for subcision.

The way I put it to alot of people is, if you can rub your finger slightly on your face and feel the indented scar, then subcision would help it. If not then i'd recommend going the route of a laser or some other treatment.

Edited by kidrock29520

Anti-Em! I haven't been to the forums in a while, so long time no see!

I'm so excited for you! I hope the subscision works great for you. Please please let me know your results! I have been thinking about going in for fillers again... the one scar that I had work done on is still greatly improved, even now. I would love to have my doctor do the poke-and-fill (a term I just made up) on some other scars as well. :D

If they go really aggressive is there a worse risk of further scarring? *Most* aren't too deep, I don't think. There are two that are and they are the ones that bother me the most, obviously.

Then pain won't be that bad for just the cheeks and chin (unless it on the jawline)

The way I put it to alot of people is, if you can rub your finger slightly on your face and feel the indented scar, then subcision would help it. If not then i'd recommend going the route of a laser or some other treatment.

I can kind of feel them, but not really.... :think:

Anti-Em! I haven't been to the forums in a while, so long time no see!

I'm so excited for you! I hope the subscision works great for you. Please please let me know your results! I have been thinking about going in for fillers again... the one scar that I had work done on is still greatly improved, even now. I would love to have my doctor do the poke-and-fill (a term I just made up) on some other scars as well. :D

Thank you! I wish I could just go to your dr. and have them do what they did, but I remember them being far from me. :( You should have them do the others that are rolling.

I will definitely update when I have results.

Then pain won't be that bad for just the cheeks and chin (unless it on the jawline)

It's really not the jawline at all.

Take some pictures and let us know how it goes! Good luck. What type of scarring do you have?

I doubt I'll go the picture route, but I will let everyone know how it went.

I have all kinds, but the ones that bother me the most are the rolling/saucer scars. The rough skin texture from the other scars doesn't phase me much.

Then I say do it without local. The pain is very bearable but I have a high tolerance for pain. Like I said, the cheeks and forehead don't hurt that much; it won't last long anyway.

When are you scheduled to get it done? Good luck