Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
auri0126

Regimen, Take 2 (with PHOTOS!)

Last time I tried the Regimen, this site didn't have a line of products for sale and I was dealing with dozens of little tubes of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. It worked, but I kept running out. I eventually gave up because it was so much time and money getting to the store and buying the stuff. After struggling with acne on my face and body as a side effect of daily medication for years now (without much hope in ever going off the medication, sadly) I checked this site a few weeks ago and was so delighted to find the online store!!!

My doctor prescribed metronidazole cream to be applied to my face. It works okay to remove redness, but I'm still left with giant bumps that I pick. Also, it dries out my skin quite a bit. He gave me hydrocortizone for my chest (which is covered in serious acne), which was supposed to stop the itching, but it really didn't do anything. And he told me to use a benzoyl peroxide body wash in the shower (which I could only find in 10%), it didn't do much either. I tried salicylic acid body wash also to no avail.

About three days ago my two Acne.org kits arrived - one for face and one for body. I am ecstatic to say that after only THREE DAYS of treatment my face is looking 95% better! My skin no longer has an irritated redness to it, and my bumps have decreased significantly. Granted there are some microcomedones (nasty ones) that are still coming to the surface as the products try to push all of the bad stuff out of my skin, and I'm expecting this to happen for a couple of weeks at least. But after that I will be clear! I can't wait!

I tried a little alpha hydroxy on my back and it makes my skin itch a LOT so it'll be a while until I know if the body regimen is going to work. If it does, it will be an absolute miracle!

I've been trying to alter my habits also because I pick at my skin daily. If there's no acne that I can see or feel, I leave it alone. So the better my acne looks, the less I pick. If I have larger blemishes I put +15 manuka honey on them, which works because I don't like my hands to get sticky. I try to touch my face as little as humanly possible, and wear my hair in a ponytail when I sleep.

Learning to knit has also helped me resist the urge to pick, since it's something else to occupy my hands.

I've been doing well so far - the hardest part is leaving my skin alone to heal itself. I have a lot of hope, though, and can't wait for the day when I'm free from picking and free from acne!

Here's a webcam photo taken around the day I ordered my Acne.org products:

post-130912-1276035086_thumb.jpg

And here's a webcam photo taken three days into the Regimen:

post-130912-1276035111_thumb.jpg

No Photoshopping, no makeup!!! My skin is seriously clearing up a lot!

Edited by auri0126

Last time I tried the Regimen, this site didn't have a line of products for sale and I was dealing with dozens of little tubes of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. It worked, but I kept running out. I eventually gave up because it was so much time and money getting to the store and buying the stuff. After struggling with acne on my face and body as a side effect of daily medication for years now (without much hope in ever going off the medication, sadly) I checked this site a few weeks ago and was so delighted to find the online store!!!

My doctor prescribed metronidazole cream to be applied to my face. It works okay to remove redness, but I'm still left with giant bumps that I pick. Also, it dries out my skin quite a bit. He gave me hydrocortizone for my chest (which is covered in serious acne), which was supposed to stop the itching, but it really didn't do anything. And he told me to use a benzoyl peroxide body wash in the shower (which I could only find in 10%), it didn't do much either. I tried salicylic acid body wash also to no avail.

About three days ago my two Acne.org kits arrived - one for face and one for body. I am ecstatic to say that after only THREE DAYS of treatment my face is looking 95% better! My skin no longer has an irritated redness to it, and my bumps have decreased significantly. Granted there are some microcomedones (nasty ones) that are still coming to the surface as the products try to push all of the bad stuff out of my skin, and I'm expecting this to happen for a couple of weeks at least. But after that I will be clear! I can't wait!

I tried a little alpha hydroxy on my back and it makes my skin itch a LOT so it'll be a while until I know if the body regimen is going to work. If it does, it will be an absolute miracle!

I've been trying to alter my habits also because I pick at my skin daily. If there's no acne that I can see or feel, I leave it alone. So the better my acne looks, the less I pick. If I have larger blemishes I put +15 manuka honey on them, which works because I don't like my hands to get sticky. I try to touch my face as little as humanly possible, and wear my hair in a ponytail when I sleep.

Learning to knit has also helped me resist the urge to pick, since it's something else to occupy my hands.

I've been doing well so far - the hardest part is leaving my skin alone to heal itself. I have a lot of hope, though, and can't wait for the day when I'm free from picking and free from acne!

Here's a webcam photo taken around the day I ordered my Acne.org products:

And here's a webcam photo taken three days into the Regimen:

No Photoshopping, no makeup!!! My skin is seriously clearing up a lot!

Any updates???