Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KennyPowers

TCA peel log

I've read everywhere and seen pictures about how effective a TCA peel is against acne marks. Therefore, I'm going to give it a try in a couple of days. I thought it would be nice to make yet another progress thread. I have about 6-7 days off so I should be able to complete the peel.

Any suggestions?

Read all the threads about TCA. Start low at 12.5% and only one layer. You need to have done a pre-peel prep, too, involving either a retinoid or a glycolic acid to ensure a more even stratum corneum and thus a more even peel penetration. You probably won't be as happy with the results without the (at least) two weeks' prep time. For both the peels I did, I used a toner strength (10%) glycolic acid for two weeks prior to the peel. The first I did was 12.5% one layer and my skin was beautifully refreshed. The second peel was 20% one layer and again, beautifully refreshed skin. Both times, all clogged pores got unclogged and I was totally clear for a good long time without any other regimen at all.

Don't do a peel if you have active, inflamed acne as a peel could just make the acne worse and cause more breakouts in different areas besides exacerbating the existing spots.

http://www.platinumskincare.com/chemical-f...eling-info.aspx <----read that whole link from top to bottom.

http://www.platinumskincare.com/tcapeel125.aspx <----read that one about 12.5%. It has directions, too. Complete, excellent directions.

Day 1

it came in the mail today :) I put on one layer and the stinging was nothing I've ever imagined. I stuck it out and put on a second layer. whew! Made it about 1 minute and had to wash it off. I had no idea it would be so uncomfortable. I'd say take the stinging of a glycolic peel x10!! Anyway, I layed in front of a huge fan and ran in circles until time was up. You just gotta think its about the results otherwise you'll be miserable. My whole face is now frosted and red. My skin is suuuper tight now. I'll update later.

Day 2

Nothing different really. Face is extremely tight feeling and very red. There are some brown spots on my checks. It feels like I have a mask on. More tomorrow.

Day 3

The skin on my chin and cheeks is really starting to peel. The new skin is really pink but it seems a lot clearer. My forehead has done absolutely nothing. I am so tempted to pick the skin off, but I am trying not too!! More tomorrow.