Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Venus in Virgo Gal

Desperate to be prescribed to Spiro?

Do you guys think a doctor(not a derm) will prescribe me Spiro? I have read a few stories about people who have gone to doctor after doctor and never get prescribed. I don't want to go thru that.

Okay, I've been an acne/oily skin sufferer since age 11. I stopped going to a derm ages ago and for the last few years I have tried to control the acne myself with diet and vitamins.

I've never had any health problems. Within the last year and now that I am 29 years old, I have strongly gathered my acne is due to a hormonal imbalance. I feel 100% sure the acne breakouts on my chin and jaw line along with the oily skin is due to a hormonal imbalance. Actually I have other symptoms besides the acne/oily skin to strongly convince me this is due to my hormones being out of whack.

Other symptoms:

-Bald spot a little larger than quarter-size on the right side of my head near my temple, above my ear

-excessive thick facial hair(hair on my chin and mustache), excessive thick body hair(lots of hair around belly button area & around the breast nipples)...hirsutism?

-put on weight easily

-excessive underarm perspiration(I've been using Secret clinical to control this)

I am hoping the doctor will say I have a hormonal problem or something and I hope he can prescribe me spiro and any other medication if necessary. If he does not, I will get desperate and buy this spiro from one of those online pharmacies that require no prescription such as inhouse pharmacy.

Basically, do you guys think I will get prescribed Spiro? I think I will ask for it. I just pray this goes as expected.

If he doesn't refer you get a new PC. Or at least get a rx for spiro -- at least 100 mgs a day. Pcos people usually need 150-200, but 100 sometimes works from what I hear.

Do you have irregular periods?