Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i was wondering if stress is big enough a factor that even while on accutane it can still cause breakouts??

i know how powerful accutane is and that it should, at a certain point, start to take over little factors (ie chocolate, lotion greasiness etc) but im wondering if stress is potent enough to still cause acne over the powers of accutane.

thanks

Good question. You know what, accutane I believe is stronger than any stress induced acne. I went through some really rough breakouts from stress right before I went on accutane. Basically accutane is a nuclear weapon and stress would be like a bomb. Accutane totally destroys anything on your face, it's more or less a skin sterilizer. Speaking from my own experience I think it is stronger....however as a long term solution to stress induced acne is another story.

I used to breakout so badly when I was stressed but Accutane has pretty much stopped that. Of course, still in my last month, I developed one blemish because I'm RIDICULOUSLY stressed out the past few weeks. Compared to what I'm dealing with right now I honestly think one tiny blemish is amaaaaazing! ;)

After I took Accutane the first time I had flawless porcelain skin and no amount of stress would break me out ever. But milk still broke me out.

After I took Accutane the first time I had flawless porcelain skin and no amount of stress would break me out ever. But milk still broke me out.

yeah.. i used to eat a yogurt everyday and cereal very ocassionally until i had cereal everyday for about 5 days straight a couple weeks ago and i broke i really badly so i completely quit dairy.. i thought accutane was bigger than that but i guess i still have a long way to go before accutane negates stress and dairy put together