Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kw1980

Moisturizer and Tazorac?

Hi All,

Just started using Tazorac at night and have received a lot of mixed messages about using a moisturizer simultaneously with Tazorac. The Tazorac website says to absolutely apply a moisturizer before applying Tazorac. Others say that never use a moisturizerize before applying a retinoid but that you should feel free to after.

The latter advice seems to make the most sense in my mind but I am hard pressed to go against what is recommended by the producers of the products.

My dermatologist was silent on this front when prescribing the medicine.

Thoughts? Practical experience?

Thanks.

I've been using moisturizer after Taz. That's what my derm. said to do anyway and it does seem to make more sense.

THANKS (looking for any input I can get)!

Hi All,

Just started using Tazorac at night and have received a lot of mixed messages about using a moisturizer simultaneously with Tazorac. The Tazorac website says to absolutely apply a moisturizer before applying Tazorac. Others say that never use a moisturizerize before applying a retinoid but that you should feel free to after.

The latter advice seems to make the most sense in my mind but I am hard pressed to go against what is recommended by the producers of the products.

My dermatologist was silent on this front when prescribing the medicine.

Thoughts? Practical experience?

Thanks.

Hi, I came this across this website which is really useful for people who has dry skin. It works fine for your

Edited by courtwatch

well it made my skin much less itchy if i only applied tazorac

i'd do it before

you should try it.........can't have any aha or glycolic acid etc though i think someone said they cancel each other out