Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sportsguy23

Tazorac anyone?

tazorac anyone? I have been on it basically using on my left cheek constistently for a year and seems slightly smoother...right cheek been using less consistently. I usually use it every other night...

I am on .01% gel. I was wondering if anyone else has been using this over a long time period and the effects on their skin and/or scarring.

On the inverse if you have used retin A or renova or differin feel free to post. But I would like to target Tazorac specifically.

FYI tazorac has been very useful in controlling breakouts as well.

tazorac anyone? I have been on it basically using on my left cheek constistently for a year and seems slightly smoother...right cheek been using less consistently. I usually use it every other night...

I am on .01% gel. I was wondering if anyone else has been using this over a long time period and the effects on their skin and/or scarring.

On the inverse if you have used retin A or renova or differin feel free to post. But I would like to target Tazorac specifically.

FYI tazorac has been very useful in controlling breakouts as well.

oh im so glad you are seeing results with it :)

it seems to be the first port of call for many GPs. whenever i say im worried about my scarring, they all recommend a tube of retin a, lol. theres no doubt it will work if used consistently.

i used retin a last year and despite being as careful as i possibly could, i peeled badly and my skin was red. despite trying to keep it away from my eye area, for some reason i mustve put it there too. i still remember going to work looking like a badger and everyone going, are you ok - you look unwell. i decided to stay away from it after that.

lol so use in moderation people and be extra careful if you have sensitive skins :)

btw get a pic mate, i keep forgetting its you, lol.

Edited by sydney_fellow

lol. Yeah that's why you need to use a moisturizer before application of tazorac, especially in the beginning of use.

ah you're a wise man sportsguy. :)

I have been using Taz almost daily for about 4 years, maybe 3. I don't exactly remember. It is difficult to tell if my scars are better due to the use of Taz. I have had many laser treatments. If I had to answer, I would say no, or maybe just slightly. The only thing that it has done for me....I say only, but really I should be elated.....is clear my acne. I no longer get the big cysts, and only have a little pink dot on occasion.

Everyone is different. I am happy that you have seen improvements.

Yeah I would say I am fairly similar. Kind of hard to tell if it is better for that. I need to start using it on whole face again when my right cheek is ready for it...and then will be able to tell better in the end of the year...but it does get rid of acne effectively and keep cysts away...which is why I first got on it.

I wonder if Retin A is better for scarring. Tough to tell unless you try I guess.