Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EngyJ

Is shaving the problem?

I have been on the regimen for a few months now and what previously was a spotty area on my cheeks has certainly improved. However, i now get a weekly white-head breakout of about 3 to 4 whiteheads just below the mouth and around my chin. I am 18 and use a cheap £15 electric razor because to be honest i don't even get full stubble yet. So i don't think i could use a wet shave but i may be wrong?

I use 2.5% BP with OXY facial wash and an aftersun moisteuriser that is non pore-blocking. I am scared to shave now just because i feel that every time i do new white-heads appear?

Can someone give any advice? More information about my regimen is available on request.

Thanks

Edited by EngyJ

Only way I made shaving non-irritable was to use the double bladed disposable type of razor, make sure my face is hot after shower and then shaving with the grain, trying to only go over each area with 1 stroke. I used to just use a cleanser to shave but my mane is too thick so I starting using a sensitive skin moisturising shaving gel. after shaving/shower I also put the moisturiser on before the BP and usually wait about 1/2 hour for my skin to get back to normal before putting the bp on.

Edited by lolies

I have been on the regimen for a few months now and what previously was a spotty area on my cheeks has certainly improved. However, i now get a weekly white-head breakout of about 3 to 4 whiteheads just below the mouth and around my chin. I am 18 and use a cheap £15 electric razor because to be honest i don't even get full stubble yet. So i don't think i could use a wet shave but i may be wrong?

I use 2.5% BP with OXY facial wash and an aftersun moisteuriser that is non pore-blocking. I am scared to shave now just because i feel that every time i do new white-heads appear?

Can someone give any advice? More information about my regimen is available on request.

Thanks

Dan recommends using Gillete Excel 2 blade for sensitive skin, it is relatively cheap. Also invest in some non-scented Gillete Fusion Pure&Sensitive shaving cream. This stuff works good for me, hope this helps!

Tan