Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, so I tried mineral makeup once. It was L'oreal's bare natural. I got a zit the next day! :( I didn't realize it contained bismuth oxychloride! So I haven't used any mineral makeup since, because it all contains that! But someone recently recommended I try Meow Cosmetics. They only have like four ingredients! And the powder runs super light, which is great for a pale girl like me! I just ordered some samples, so I haven't actually used it yet, but I'm super excited! What do you ladies think of Meow Cosmetics?

EDIT: I didn't see there was already a topic for this! Haha sorry for the repeat!

Edited by sensitiveredhead

Haha yeah I saw the post for this makeup, took a look at the website, and the makeup looks really good! I'm going to order some sample this weekend.

I'm pretty pale too...what sample colors did you get? I'm having a hard time deciding which shades I should order. I'm definitely going to get some neutral colors though.

Some days I think it's great others I don't. haha

But so far it's the best mmu I've tried (and I've tried a lot).

I think it's worth getting samples. If you get the right shade, it won't be chalky. Here's what I think about the different formulas--the pampered puss really doesn't have much coverage. But I like to use it as a powder over my liquid makeup. The Flawless Feline is heavy so use a light hand. I often just use this with a small brush for concealer (I can't get a good match in their concealers for some reason). The Purrrfect Puss is somewhere in between the other two and it's the one I use the most. But everyone's skin is different so it's worth trying all three formulas when you find the right shade.

Thanks for the replies!

I'm going to order a few samples this weekend just to check it out. So excited! I'm hoping I'll find a shade and formula that will look good :)

Haha yeah I saw the post for this makeup, took a look at the website, and the makeup looks really good! I'm going to order some sample this weekend.

I'm pretty pale too...what sample colors did you get? I'm having a hard time deciding which shades I should order. I'm definitely going to get some neutral colors though.

I'm very pale but their lightest shade, inquisitive, must be for albinos. For real. I can't wear some makeup like Revlon b/c their lightest isn't light enough. So that's how pale I am. I tried out sleek and frisky in Siamese and Chausie. I finally settled on frisky siamese.

P.S.

I wouldn't pay much attention to how the colors look on the screen--go by the descriptions instead.

Edited by Sharpy

I prefer more coverage, but I heard the make-up does not irritate most skins :) which is a good thing on acne.org lol

Ugh...finding the right colors to order is very frustrating lol. So many to chose from! I'm going to get samples in the frisky collection - Siamese, Sphynx, Persian, and Chartreux. I don't really know what undertones I have, but I noticed that if I get a shade in a cool tone, it does nothing to cover redness.

Ugh...finding the right colors to order is very frustrating lol. So many to chose from! I'm going to get samples in the frisky collection - Siamese, Sphynx, Persian, and Chartreux. I don't really know what undertones I have, but I noticed that if I get a shade in a cool tone, it does nothing to cover redness.

I know, it's frustrating! Too many to chose from... I got like 10 samples haha... we'll see how it goes when they get here. I'll come back and let you guys know! I hope you'll do the same!

Thanks tdot! Tomorrow is my payday lol, so I'm going to order my samples and some brushes in the next couple of days. Let us know how you like the makeup! Hope it works well for you...good luck!!! :)

I got Pampered Puss Inquisitive in Bengal and Himalayan. And I got Flawless Feline Inquisitive in Chausie. Drugstore foundations are always too dark for me, even if just a little, so I hope these aren't too pale! I also ordered some Bengal and Chausie concealer in Inquisitive as well! I'm so excited to try them! :)

And another question...has anyone tried using water with them? I've heard about people mixing water with the powder, especially for the concealer.

I just made a sizable sample order...although I still have plenty of Everyday Minerals left, I'm getting disgruntled with them as a company. And I love cats. :)

So if I can find a replacement, I'll take it!

I got sample sizes in:

Foundation

Purrrfect Puss: Frisky Manx, Frisky Ocicat, Frisky Abyssinian and Sleek Korat

Blush

Taboo: Nudity, Lust and Exhibitionist

Eyeshadow

IdealEyes: Claws & Effect, Purrrsnickety and Muddy Paws

They kinda remind me how EM USED to be. Simple website, fun names, easy ordering.

I got all of the above for $14.35, including shipping. Not bad.

Yay! Let us know how you like the makeup! I'm going to look at all the shades again tonight and place my order too!

I just made a sizable sample order...although I still have plenty of Everyday Minerals left, I'm getting disgruntled with them as a company. And I love cats. :)

I got sample sizes in:

Foundation

Purrrfect Puss: Frisky Manx, Frisky Ocicat, Frisky Abyssinian and Sleek Korat

Blush

Taboo: Nudity, Lust and Exhibitionist

Eyeshadow

IdealEyes: Claws & Effect, Purrrsnickety and Muddy Paws

They kinda remind me how EM USED to be. Simple website, fun names, easy ordering.

I'm interested, too, as I won't order EDM anymore, either. :)

I'm interested, too, as I won't order EDM anymore, either. :)

I'll let you know how it goes! :)

Hey ladies... still waiting on my order... I just wanted to suggest something. I think if we all like Meow, we should send them e-mails telling them how great they are and to PLEASE PLEASE not change their formula like EDM did. While they are a smaller company we should let them know that what they have is great (if it is). Then hopefully we can have a MMU company to rely on for a long time!

Yeah that's a good idea!

And my samples are on their way too! I hope this makeup turns out great...my liquid makeup is just way too thick! I'm scared of putting it on my face :(

I just placed my order of Meow cosmetics....Im excited!!!! :dance:

Pampered Puss:

Naughty Siamese

Frisky Siamese

Naughty Mau

Frisky Ocicat

Naughty Ocicat

Naughty Sphynx

Blush: Orgasmic

= $11.35 (including shipping)

I mixed it up a bit. I would usually say "Frisky" but summer's here and i'm already getting pretty tanned sooo...here's hoping *cross fingers*

Edited by leesett

Yeah that's a good idea!

And my samples are on their way too! I hope this makeup turns out great...my liquid makeup is just way too thick! I'm scared of putting it on my face :(

I actually quite like my liquid makeup, but I dont like what's in it :doubt:, it's packed with crappy ingredients. I'd rather use something natural on my face that has minimal ingredients. Ahhhhh I just get worried about mineral makeup causing a break out :(.

Pampered Puss:

Naughty Siamese

Frisky Siamese

Naughty Mau

Frisky Ocicat

Naughty Ocicat

Naughty Sphynx

Blush: Orgasmic

= $11.35 (including shipping)

I mixed it up a bit. I would usually say "Frisky" but summer's here and i'm already getting pretty tanned sooo...here's hoping *cross fingers*

YAY! Let us know how you like it :).

Isn't getting new makeup fun??

I LOVE it.... I ordered from Aubrey Nicole too... I'll let you girls know how those samples turn out too.

I've been having a terrible time since Everyday Minerals changed their formula. I tried a bunch of samples from Meow Cosmetics (Purrrfect Puss) because the ingredients were so similar to Everyday Minerals old formula, but it made my acne (which had been very much under control thanks to the Regimen) worse. I got a lot of small pimples above my eye brows and on my temples, which is unusual for me.

So then I tried Alima minerals. I got a couple of large cyst-type pimples while using it and quickly quit. I then used up all the Everyday Minerals old formula sample sizes that I still had and my skin calmed down. I'm now using Rejuva Minerals All Skin Types formula. So far my skin is reacting well to it, but it doesn't cover very well. I'm getting terribly discouraged.

I've been having a terrible time since Everyday Minerals changed their formula. I tried a bunch of samples from Meow Cosmetics (Purrrfect Puss) because the ingredients were so similar to Everyday Minerals old formula, but it made my acne (which had been very much under control thanks to the Regimen) worse. I got a lot of small pimples above my eye brows and on my temples, which is unusual for me.

So then I tried Alima minerals. I got a couple of large cyst-type pimples while using it and quickly quit. I then used up all the Everyday Minerals old formula sample sizes that I still had and my skin calmed down. I'm now using Rejuva Minerals All Skin Types formula. So far my skin is reacting well to it, but it doesn't cover very well. I'm getting terribly discouraged.

Fudge, that's not good to hear. :( I sure wish I'd ordered more EDM a while back before they changed the formula. Ah well, back to Physician's Formula liquid mineral and I'll also try their mineral mineral to set it with. Pfui!

Fudge, that's not good to hear. :( I sure wish I'd ordered more EDM a while back before they changed the formula. Ah well, back to Physician's Formula liquid mineral and I'll also try their mineral mineral to set it with. Pfui!

I use PF liquid minerals too :).. I like it but it has so many bad ingredients in it :(.

Ugh!!!! Ive been waiting for my samples and I just got an e-mail from "Meow Cosmetics" saying that they JUST shipped my samples out today :dry: Hello!!!! I placed my order last Thursday!!!! Whatever, they said I should get my shipment in 3 business days. Sorry...I'm soooo impatient :shifty: