Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ive been using it and i needa no what kinda moisturizer to use, how it actually works and tell me what it did to your skin to help?

Hi there, I used Benzamycin and it basically is a combination of benzoyl peroxide and the topical antibiotic erthryomycin. The combination supposedly helps with its effectiveness and it also helps to avoid antibiotic resistance. Studies showed that erthromycin has become highly resistant to acne bacteria over time, but when in combination with benzoyl peroxide that resistance is significantly reduced. Now for my expierence on this drug wasnt good, but I think its because that benzoyl peroxide was extremely rough on my skin and actually caused more pimples. This could be because I was using too much, or I may have a sensitivty to benzoyl peroxide. I do know that I did not like the white film residue after putting the drug on and I always thought it was weird storing it in the fridge, but that was minor. Overall I did not really like the drug that much, but I have heard good things about it from other people. Also I used Cetaphil as a moisturizer which helped. Good luck!