SLSL

Name Your Moisturizer.

I'm having a really hard time finding the right moisturizer. They either:

[1] Break me out.

[2] Make my face oily.

[3] Don't moisturize enough.

[4] Sting my sensitive skin.

[5] Look horrible under makeup.

So anyway, right now I'm using Neutrogena's Oil-free for Sensitive Skin, and I'm getting little bumps (looks like Milia) across my forehead. I'm guessing my skin doesn't like it... as my skin doesn't seem to like anything :doubt:

I was wondering what everyone else on this board uses?

[1] Break me out.

[2] Make my face oily.

So anyway, right now I'm using Neutrogena's Oil-free for Sensitive Skin, and I'm getting little bumps (looks like Milia) across my forehead. I'm guessing my skin doesn't like it... as my skin doesn't seem to like anything :doubt:

see below : )

[1] Break me out.

[2] Make my face oily.

I have the exact same problem. Mary Kay's moisturizer worked pretty well for me. I only tried it once for some reason. I guess I forgot all about it. :rolleyes:

Today my skin felt soo dry. So, I decided, what the heck, let me try my mother's moisturizer from her skin care collection. Turns out it works really well! It's also for wrinkles, so It's like a 2 in 1. It's Wei East's Golden Root Renewal (Daily Moisturizer). It didn't do anything of those things you have listed up there to my skin like any moisturizer would normally do. :)

Neutrogena 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment. I use it as an exfoliant/moisturiser. It hardly moisturises my face so I mix it with 2-3 drops of jojoba oil everytime I use it.

Avene Skin Recovery Creme, but I have dry, very sensitive skin and I don't know if your skin is dry. And it's expensive... but it's the only thing that doesn't break me out.

I use complex15 as a moisturizer, but at night I use just liquid glycerin after letting the BP dry -- it doesn't rub in all the way so it's a bit greasy to sleep with, but it's made a huge difference. If you look at most moisturizers it's one of the first ingredients, so I thought why not just skip all the other additives and go with that.

Edited by TMB

I've been using Simple's light moisturiser for about three years. It doesn't contribute to breakouts (I have been clear at times while using it) or look greasy on my skin.

When I'm super dry I add a few drops of jojoba oil to my moisturiser. It's the bees knees.

I use The Body Shops Mattifying Seaweed Day Cream or whatever. It really does give off a very matte finish. Before that I was using Enzymion from Lush Cosmetics. Both are natural and really give you the matte look. I blot less during the day and find they both also hydrate quite well.

Ambi even and clear daily moisturizer!

It is marketed for women of color but I use it every day and it is GREAT (plus SPF 30).

It also helps fade acne marks from just disappeared acne. At night I use Dan's AHA.

Just a curious question... What happened to you with Dan's Moisturizer?

COMPLEX 15. Used it for almost 22 years with no problems whatsoever. It's been with me through 21 years of crystal clear skin, and through the past partial year of acne after stopping birth control. My Mom has used it for YEARS also. This is my forever moisterizer. Try one tube, I really, really think you'll like it. I've also "skin deep.com'd" all of the ingredients and they are all 0 or 1.

PS - Your skin DRINKS it up, there is no finish, no greasy and no matte.. your skin just looks hydrated. If anything, I would say once it absorbs, it looks matte.. or, how your skin should look normally?

Edited by smartie

day: aveeno ultra calming daily moisturizer

night: dans moisturizer

Simple! Amazing - It has about 20 ingredients and only 2 of them are comedogenic and they're at the bottom of the list! Plus it has Vitamin E and B5 and some nice plant extract for smooth skin. Fragrance and perfume free to boot :) And it only costs about €8 in Boots!

Edited by Niamh414

I use Celeteque Oil Free Moisturizer. I don't know if it's available from where you are, but I'm in the Philippines and I have the same problem like you--my skin just hates everything [and so does my hair] but this one really works on me. It's a water-based gel substance that the skin easily absorbs and it hydrates me all day. It doesn't even make my skin oily.

I add drops of Dan's jojoba oil to Complex 15 Face Cream and mix in my hand. Sometimes, your makeup looks better if you wait at least 15 minutes after moisturizing before putting on your makeup. But then again, that depends on your makeup and your skin. It could be the opposite. I'd try both ways to see which works better.

Edited by Sharpy

Yes To Tomato Hydrating Lotion..

Currently using on top of neutrogena toner.

Wondering hard how come my organic Yes To Tomato Hydrating Lotion is making my skin very oily?

Is it not suitable? :(

[1] Break me out.

[2] Make my face oily.

Hello Lily,

I was having the same problems trying to find the perfect moisturizer minus the makeup part :dance: anyways after trying so many different product I have been using Face Reality Acne Clinic SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin Sunscreen. At night time I use either their Cranberry Cream or Dan's AHA as a moisturizer. In the beginning I was a bit skeptical with the SPF moisturizer because it uses Avobenzone as the sunscreen agent. However after reading up many reviews and success customers had at Face Reality I decided to give it a try. It is a bit pricey but it last quite awhile and the benefits weigh out the cost. Hope this helps!

Tan

Olay All Day Complete for Sensitive Skin with spf 15. Sometimes I buy the CVS brand of this and it works just as well.

Olay All Day Complete for Sensitive Skin with spf 15. Sometimes I buy the CVS brand of this and it works just as well.

Are you talking about the new or classic formula?

Thanks for the replies :dance:

Anyone else??? haha

I personally use CeraVe I got it at walgreens... I don't think it makes me break out since is for acne type skin.. and is very good. But at the same time I dont get too much moisture under my eyes its always veryy dry in that area... but another awesome one is DML FORTE just google it and its pretty good .. I really like it...

I use Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. It's great for oily/combination skin. Nighttime I use Shiseido The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge Enriched cream. :wub:

Cerave and Cetaphil are good moisturizers for acne prone skin

im using Avalon moisturizer with Vitamin C hoping it will stimulate collagen growth