Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whiteheaven

Here goes! Being persistent.

I've been having acne since I was about 11 (am 18 now). I've been on Isotretinoin (Accutane) when I was in middle school, so I guess it was about when I was 14. I stopped using Isotretinoin when I was 16.... During that time, my skin was flawless. But after I got off Accutane, my acne was back. I've been trying everything: Clindamycin, some creams they got from China, every kind of topical acne creams. There was a time when I had to go to get a facial treatment twice a week. They picked on my skin and it hurt like hell, but I didn't care if it was for a clear skin....

I'm sticking to Dan's regimen now. I started using Dan's regimen about September last year. It's been about 8 months. During December and January my skin was clear and I was so happy. But I reduced my amount of BP and eventually forgetting on how I should do the regimen religiously. My acne went mild again and it got worse now. But two months ago I started to go up in amount of my BP. My face got red once again, but I know it will subside. Now my face is not as red and my acne is getting better, but I don't know if I should stick to this regimen, because this time it doesn't work as well as the first time....

I've been through everything to get a clear skin. I tried to wash my skin with tea every day in the morning, it didn't work. My diet has always been great, I've been watching the food I eat ever since I was little, but it doesn't help me at all. I even tried every kind of home remedies. I was desperate from time to time, but I always try to be strong. When I was back in secondary school my classmates made fun of me because of my acne. It was traumatizing but I am glad I can go through it all. I am going to college next October, I hope I can clear my skin before that time comes.

Any kind of encouragement and feedbacks is greatly appreciated. :D

P.S. Attaching photo log of june 08, 2010

P.S.2.

I've been worrying that mole I got today (you can see it in the second photo attached). I've been getting moles ever since I'm on the regimen. I don't know whether it's fine or not... I've even posted a thread about it. (link: )

post-117681-1275970730_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1275970745_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1275970730_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1275970745_thumb.jpg

Edited by Whiteheaven

9 June 10

Took a photo of myself and compare it with yesterday's. I don't see much difference except I accidentally picked on the small acne beside my lips. I exercised well yesterday's afternoon and this morning. I also drinking vegetable broth before sleep and the first thing in the morning. I'm trying to change my diet here even though I failed with potato chips this morning... (I was starving for breakfast and that was all I had!)

I promise myself to drink water even more. I'm going to exercise regularly and be active. I hope the healthy life cycle can do something to my acne.

I think I am getting better. I've got a new acne on my chin today, but it was a little red and that's all. It was not utterly disturbing and I think I can let it go.... I'm eating oatmeal for my breakfast, curry for my lunch, and sushi for my dinner. I think my diet today is pretty good. I skip my exercising today because I had to go out in the morning. When I go out in the afternoon, I put on my loose powder to cover up redness. My redness is more visible than yesterday, but my acne somehow fades a little. I hope tomorrow my condition will be even more better than today!

Hey, good luck, remember progress is going to take a little while but it's good to see your getting better already!

I hope you continue your regimen and your log as it's great to see people's results. See you around.

Thanks for replying in this log, Arcade! :)

I've been busy preparing my graduation day tomorrow. I had to wear heavy make up for about 10 hours, so I'm praying now that my skin will be okay.

I'm gradually getting better. That black spot beside my eyes that I first thought as a mole was actually an acne scar, and it's pretty much gone now! I've got a little bump on my left cheek.

I wake up late everyday since it's holiday. It feels really really dry when I wake up everyday, I can even pull some dry skin out of my face. I picked on my dry skin for a long time when I was watching drama this morning, and by night my face reddens. But beside that, I'm pretty much great.

But anyways, I'm continuing to worry about the skin cancer thing.... :(

Anyways this is my photo on 11 June attached.

post-117681-1276520626_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1276520626_thumb.jpg

Edited by Whiteheaven

June 28.

I'm getting so much better here. I've just got back from my holiday in Singapore, and I thought I would give Hazeline Snow a shot for my new moisturizer. I've been using it for two days and I love it! I definitely changing my Nivea Soft with this. The only problem is I have to buy it in Singapore. Well, it will take a while before this one runs out, and by that time, I think I'll be in Singapore for my college already.

Things are going pretty good. Flaking here and there from time to time, but my skin is gradually getting clearer, the blemishes from past break outs fading little by little. The red effect from BP slows down really fast after i use Hazeline Snow as my moisturizer. Wish me luck!

June 29. I rarely pay any attention to my back acne, but now that I notice it, it's getting annoying. I have to find something to clear them up before my summer trip next month, or else I won't be wearing any tank tops or camisoles.... I'm at loss in what to do, I tried BP but what it did was just ruining my whole pajamas and dresses. :(

I don't think there is evidence of skin cancer. You must still make the choice though - spots or potencial cancer? Right now I would choose the risk of potencial cancer many years down the road. However, there is no evidence so I'm not going to worry about rumours.

Good luck stick at. My skin was a bit worse than yours is at the moment and it has cleared up nicely since I started using BP. I'm moving on to Dan's (products) regimen when it arrives later this week as I think it will be kinder to my skin.

Re: Back Acne... Many have suggested wearing a white t-shirt / vest to avoid bleaching.

Good luck & keep us updated.

Edited by TroChr

Hey TroChr thanks for replying!

That's true, the reason I keep using is because there's no real evidence whatsoever; and if the FDA or anyone who's in charge has the evidence they will certainly ban BP from the market, which they haven't, so, yeah. :)

I'm getting progress but I'm not cleared up yet.... I kind of sad and wanting to give up but I know I can't!

post-117681-1278987626_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1278987626_thumb.jpg

Edited by Whiteheaven

Wow, your skin has improved vastly. This question I'm about to ask is unrelated to your thread, but do you use anything on your hair? It looks so shiny and healthy.

Dear kamran and anta, thanks for your kind comments. And anta, I've been using Herbal Essences shampoo with lemongrass for avoiding dandruff, Wella rinse for the conditioner, and I use hair milk for time to time to soothe my hair. Avoid ironing and drying your hair with hair dryer because it damages your hair. And pat on your hair softly instead of rub it --- I think the rules go the same as the skin. :)

It's been a while since my last update to this log, but I've been going into some summer vacations. Those are good, but I think it made an impact on my skin. I went to Hongkong for a week, it's friggin hot there, but when I'm back to Indonesia, my skin improved. But after a week, I really hate to think that I'm back to square one... but maybe that's just how it is. I went to Singapore for these last 4 days, the place where I'm going to study college at, and I'm so envious to see the pretty girls there..... I'm a nobody, and I have acne, I can't help but think if there's someone that's able to love me for how I am. Will there anybody love someone who have acne?

I'll keep being persistent. I hope my hormone will relax and give me a good life.

post-117681-1280650300_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1280650300_thumb.jpg

Edited by Whiteheaven

Thanks for the encouragement, Tamuren!

My best friend and my mom said that my skin has cleared up so much. I didn't notice that until I look into the mirror closely. But yes, I'm having so much improvement! I'm not entirely cleared up yet, but I think I've gotten better. There are some persistent spots on my chin, but they decreased lately.

I've came to realize that my skin definitely WORSEN so much shortly before and during my period. After that, my skin clears. And so the cycle continues. I wonder if I can do something about it. I definitely can't stop my period though, that would be downright dangerous. :P

Thanks for reading my log! Reading any kind of comments brings me up. I always feel so sad on how others can discriminate me because having acne..., especially boys. And I always feel frustrated when they ask with disgusted face, "What, you don't go to any dermatologist? You don't do anything about it? Do something about it, for god sake! You look like shit. And you don't even put any effort into it."

post-117681-1281101611_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1281101611_thumb.jpg

I've been making progress little by little.... But I know that this won't end until my hormones slow down. My brothers stopped having acne as soon as they were in their twenties. Before that, they had such a bad acne. I had milder acne probably because I got myself into Accutane before, so I'm not as bad as they were....

But now they have clear faces. I hope in my twenties, or even better if it's now, I can get rid of these acnes. I really hope that my children in the future won't have to experience this. :(

This is the photo of me on August 13. Please leave any comment, I'll be encouraged to have them!

post-117681-1281663882_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1281663882_thumb.jpg

15 August 2010

My mom told me that washing face with tea will work. But you know what, I tried it and it didn't work. I tried practically all things available for get rid of acne. -_-;;

My face doesn't look that bad indoor, but once I'm exposed to bright light (like the lamps you use for make up or photoshoot), or sunlight, the spots can be seen clearly and I look so bad. I'm so sad.

Below are my today's photo, taken from sides. I don't think I got any improvement ever since April. :(

post-117681-1281840848_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1281840854_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1281840848_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1281840854_thumb.jpg

21 August 2010

Even though I think my skin has gotten better, but when they told me that I have a really awful face, it really brings me down. But I'm not gonna stop yet!

22 August 2010

I think the acne on my left cheek has become more noticeable.... I don't know if this is working anymore. I bought some BP just in case I ran out of it when I'm abroad, though. Should I still working this out with this? My mom said that the cosmetic line Clarins is good for skin. Should I switch or stick with this? :'( I'm so confused.

23 August 2010.

I've decided to work my way up with the BP. I don't know if this will work, but I really hate how myself look right now. I'm almost to the point where I hate myself, but then again I know I have to be happy, there are many more unfortunate ones out there....

I hope I can find something that suit my skin, because I begin to think that BP is not the thing.

24 August 2010

Only with one day diligently back to the regimen, using generous amount of BP, being really gentle to the skin, I've seen much difference! I'm going to stick with this for a while. I'm going to have my faith!

25 August 2010

My face looks so much better! I don't know if it's because the pre-menstrual period has over already or because I'm starting to stick to the regimen religiously again. But I'm happy! Got a new perm as well. :)

Below are my photos. Do you think I got some improvement or is it me imagining it?

post-117681-1282883951_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1282883956_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1282883962_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1282883951_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1282883956_thumb.jpg

post-117681-1282883962_thumb.jpg

Edited by Whiteheaven

27 August 2010

I got three mild acne on my face but other than that, my skin feels great. I'm now worried about hitting the beach this vacation.

EDIT: oops, I hit the wrong EDIT button. The photos on 25 August are photos I took on 27 August.

Edited by Whiteheaven

I see a huge improvement! Judging from the picture, it appears that you only have residual red marks from past acne. Once that clears up you'll have pristine skin.

I see a huge improvement! Judging from the picture, it appears that you only have residual red marks from past acne. Once that clears up you'll have pristine skin.

Thanks! I'll definitely keep going. ^^

28 August 2010

I went for a badminton play this morning, and washed my face once by 12pm. It appeared redder after I exercise, but it's fine once more after I wash and do the regimen. The pimples start to dry out and I've got flakes of dry skin all over my face, but overall, I'm pretty good.

Edited by Whiteheaven

Your skin looks so much clearer now when compared to your first photos. Keep up the regimen. It will work! I'm trying it out too. Bit red but skin is looking clearer. Be strong! Don't give up! Xx