Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RAT

Coverage for acneprone skin.

I'm a fan of Makeup Forever's Duo Mat powder foundation. I believe it is oil-free. Good buildable coverage, stays matte, and doesn't oxidize. Easy and quick application and it is perfect over primer and concealor. I use MAC studio finish concealor(spots/discoloration) as well as Maybelline mineral power liquid concealor(under eyes). I am pleased with this combination, and prefer it over liquid foundation. Excellent coverage for me.

Products that I have tried for over a month:

I have used MAC studio fix powder foundation in the past but disliked it, gave me horrible cystic acne and turned orange very fast. Cakey. $25

I also used Everyday Minerals on and off for 3 years. I liked the matte formula, but it gets shiny in a few hours after I apply it. I have combination skin. I liked the spf from titanium dioxide, though. $12

Bare Escentuals original i.d. formula and bare minerals matte are powders I would never touch again. No coverage, staying power, and both finishes were SHINY. The colors are aweful, always had a weird greyish look. PASS! i.d. was $25 and matte was $28

MAC mineralize skinfinish natural pressed powder. Nice matte finish, good over liquid foundation, offered some coverage. I don't use this often, it doesn't come witha mirror in the compact, so no use in carrying it in my purse. Good for brushing over concealor and doing errands. Very few color choices. $26

Physician's Formula talc free powder foundation, the pressed version. Good matte medium coverage. Few colors available, and hideous compact. Might have clogged some pores. Powder comes in a mosaic of dark and light powder, so color is inconsistent... I got this for around $12.

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse pressed powder. Good talc powder for finishing off a good liquid foundation. Stays very matte. $6ish.

I have also tried many liquid foundations...I prefer powder ones. If I do choose to paint my face, I like Neutrogena's skin clearing, which has salicylic acid. Only liquid foundation that keeps my t-zone super duper matte. $11ish.

These are products that I have used at least a month. My most favorite is the Makeup Forever brand. I hope I helped someone with my list of short reviews.