Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaynine9

YAZ BCP for light acne?! scared to take it...

alright so my doctor just prescribed me yaz for BC and also for my light acne... however i've been reading up on these boards... stalking the forums.... and ALOT of the reviews are pretty negative. im afraid of my acnee getting worse as i've read could be a side effect.... anyone ever try yaz?? what were the results? any luck, good or bad?!? thanks in advance. =)

alright so my doctor just prescribed me yaz for BC and also for my light acne... however i've been reading up on these boards... stalking the forums.... and ALOT of the reviews are pretty negative. im afraid of my acnee getting worse as i've read could be a side effect.... anyone ever try yaz?? what were the results? any luck, good or bad?!? thanks in advance. =)

Yep, I tried it. I didn't get an initial breakout and it did help my acne a bit (just not enough). It seems like everyone is different when it comes to how they respond to treatment, but I don't think you have to be overly concerned.

Hey,

I tried Yaz for light acne and it completely cleared me up. Like, my face was IMMACULATE. The only reason I stopped taking it is that Yaz made me batshit insane... so watch out for that. Good luck!

Hot Glue, did you switch to any other birth control pill after Yaz? I am on Ocella right now...only on day 6...but I'm looking to switch because of all of the lawsuits and stuff...it kind of worries me in the long run..so I'd rather switch now than later. I was wondering if anything else worked for your skin? Thanks!

thanks so much for the replies! i know feel a bit less hesitant to start. i just pray to god i dont get a inital break out. or dont go insane either lol!

hey again,

well, i never really even had a problem with acne until a few months ago, so i don't have too much experience in the BCP department. i took yaz because the progestin only pill i was taking made me break out a little, and i was completely cleared up in about a week (but my acne was very mild). So, don't take progestin only pills, and for the love of god, DO NOT take marvelon. I took that shit this winter to help some mild/moderate acne because of my success with yaz but it gave me moderate and stubborn acne all over my body. I'm still dealing with some redmarks...

i hear ortho is the best way to go, or dianette. but after my experiences-- both physically and mentally- on BCP, i've decided to stay away for good.

also, i don't think that BCP should ever put you through an initial breakout. i think that only exfoliants bring on an initial breakout, but other than that there is no reason for you to purge. that said, if the BCP doesn't make things better soon, I'd get off it. who knows how long the "IB" could last...

anyway, good luck to everyone--

I've been on Yaz for almost 3 years now and never experienced an initial breakout. However, the first 2 weeks were hell as my body adjusted to the hormones. It felt like when I was first pregnant and had all those typical pregnancy symptoms. My acne was kinda mild/moderate at the time, which was in part stress induced as we had just moved into a new house/new town. My acne, for the most part, is under control and I tend not to get the little cysts that I used to. I'm pretty sure my acne was related to the imbalance of hormones in my body as I suffer from large ovarian cysts (cysts everywhere for me I guess!!) and I've had to take the pill on and off since I was 17 and my doctor discovered "GRAPEFRUIT" sized cysts on my ovaries. Yeah, I know, good times.

Best of luck with whichever BCP you choose and I pray it works for you!!

Hey,

I tried Yaz for light acne and it completely cleared me up. Like, my face was IMMACULATE. The only reason I stopped taking it is that Yaz made me batshit insane... so watch out for that. Good luck!

Hotglue, I'm totally gonna hijack your "batshit-insane" comment as I think it's one of the funniest, stinkn' things I've heard in ages, and appropriately applies to my life right now!

Thanks for the laugh :lol: