Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onelittleone

onelittleone on tane

i really wasent going to do this but after reading so many of ya'lls logs i figered i'ed go for it

im 40 6'4" 240lbs ya a big guy i've been told i look like someone you wouldent want to piss off

i been dealing with acne since i was about 17 & its controled a big part of my life

over the years i've tryed so many things to try & get clear

i can get clear i just cant stay clear

when i hit 40 i said this is enuff & was told about accutane

so as of today im on day 6 of 40mgs of ammesteem my lips have been a little dry the past few day & this morrowing my face was really oily & have a few new breakouts around the right side of my chin & the cyst i had on my jaw line came to a head

i want to thank you all for sharing its help me in so many ways

thanks for the replies guys.Fed up is one way to put it Hop3

Time traveler no prov bro.i really dident know about accutane till about 2 yrs ago when this new derm i started seeing told my about it.why i dident try it sooner :think: idk stupidity i gess

my acne's mild & early on i could control it but as i got older it got a lot a lot worse & thats when i decided to do something about it

Oh, good luck, man! Here's your smile for today: :D Smiling makes everything a lot easier, right? Take care!

1 week aka 7 days

woke up this morroring & my face was really oily & my pores look huge.

a couple of new red spots along my jaw line.the two cyst i had are healing up nicely.a lot of black/whiteheads on & around my nose & trying not to pick is it hardest thing

side affect: dry lips but nothing a little blistex cant handle & the inside of my nose is a little sore today but no big deal.had a headache but after i ate a little something it went away

i hate it when i look like this i just want to curl in a ball & hide i really hate this crap.

thanks to everyone that has wish me well it amazes me how people on this site come together i cant tell you how good thats makes me feel to here from you all

Edited by onelittleone

day 9

lips our dry & the corners of my mouth our really dry. vaseline been taking care of that last night i was ordering sum things & i couldent see the numbers on my credit card dont know if was because of the accutane our me getting old :think:

as far as my face goes its really red today,have a few new bumps under the skin & a few blimishes but there fading fast

here it is day 9 & i want this to be over

i did get in the pool today man that felt good,would still be there if it dident start raining

hopeing this redness will fade by the weekend & i fell like getting out

the redness does go away after a couple of weeks. That's like the first side effect that I got including dryness. For me it looked like my face was burned by the sun :redface: or something, but that didn't bother me, what did was the itchiness :evil: .

i really wasent going to do this but after reading so many of ya'lls logs i figered i'ed go for it

im 40 6'4" 240lbs ya a big guy i've been told i look like someone you wouldent want to piss off

i been dealing with acne since i was about 17 & its controled a big part of my life

over the years i've tryed so many things to try & get clear

i can get clear i just cant stay clear

when i hit 40 i said this is enuff & was told about accutane

so as of today im on day 6 of 40mgs of ammesteem my lips have been a little dry the past few day & this morrowing my face was really oily & have a few new breakouts around the right side of my chin & the cyst i had on my jaw line came to a head

i want to thank you all for sharing its help me in so many ways

Best of luck! I'm a 47 year old male and starting having issues with my face in my early 20's. Tried everything and lived on antibiotics. About 3 / 4 years ago, went on Accutane. It worked GREAT but after a couple of months of being off of it, my face got worse. After three courses, my face was clear for about two years!!! A couple of months ago, I woke up to find cysts again, out of the blue. Antibiotics (bactrim) did nothing and that ALWAYS helped. Now I'm back on the Accutane...day 14. Thing is - the first three courses, my face cleared up immediately. This time, my face is worse than it ever has been...cysts like crazy. Not sure why I'm having this reaction since I never did before. It's very discouraging. My Derm said that the majority of people get clear and stay clear with just one course of treatment. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones. I thought I finally had it licked. Maybe this time will work since the initial breakout period is so bad. Good luck to you!

DAY 10

thanks for the well wishes guys

today my face looks & fells like crap. i had a major breakout lastnight so im gessing this is the start of my I.B. i really wasent expecting it this soon but gess its better to have it now then latter.

my face looks like a freaking oil slick,red marks everywere,i have the coolest pinkish tent it kind of looks like i was in the sun a little to long the conners of my mouth our sore,black/whiteheads on & all around my nose and

another weekend spent indoors

So this is what you got to go through to get clear :dance:

Question....has anyone noticed that your face looks a lot better in the morrowing then it does in the evening our is it just me

You and I are in the same boat my friend. My face is going crazy right now. Hate this shit. And Im still a puddle of oil too.

I guess my face looks a little better in the morning too. But in reality, it looks like shit all the time anyway

two weeks

well lets see its day 14 & man what a difference two days make.had a little breakout before the weekend & today it 90% gone i dont want to jenks myself here but WOW.my face hasent looked this good it a long time.Accutane i think i love you...

my lips are a lot dryer & my scalp is getting all itchy but notning i cant handle.

i cant sleep at all & when a do sleep its only for a few hours.my face still looks like a oil slick & a few red spots here & there still a lot of black/whiteheads around & on my nose but it doesent look like as many

on the good note no new breakouts as of today.but tomorrow a new day so well see how that goes.

well till next time,take care of yourself & each other

well i spoke to soon.i went in to do those manly things & on the lower right side of my chin is a nice size cyst coming in & of course i hade to pick at it.

now it hurts like hell.

just my luck.think ill go play the loto now