Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whatthehell?

My dermatologist wants to keep me on accutane for another 3 months after the first 6...

I've been on accutane for about 5 months, and it hasn't worked one bit. My face got a little bit clearer around month 3, but then went right back to normal. I've tried everything else under the sun; this is my last resort. My dermatologist wants to keep me on accutane for another few months past month six... i told her that alot of people clear after they come off... is she making a good decision or should i get a second opinion?

I WOULD RATHER STAY IN ACCUTANE FOR A BIT LONGER BECAUSE THE LONGER YOU TAKE IT, THE LONGER THE REMISSION AND THE GREATER IS THE IMPROVEMENT...BUT SOME DERM PRESCRIBE IT A BIT LONGER DEPENDING ON THE DOSE...IF THE DOSE IS HIGH, IDEALLY ITS FOR 5-6MONTHS...

Well, what's your dose and your weight? Has she said your bloodwork is good? Our answers are going to have to be dependant on those factors.