Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
speels

Nothing works or me

I've tried so many things. For the last six months my derm has had me on Tazorac. Useless. I've been broken out every day. I've been broken out every second for the last 26 years. The last time I had a face without acne was when I was 8. I'm 34 now.

I just was tested for food allergies and I don't have any. Life sucks.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this and getting no relief. I am almost 30 and STILL getting acne. I am frustrated too, seems like I paid my dues enough in high school. UGH. I am trying to look into more natural remedies and stumbled across this. I think I am going to give it a whirl, I mean, what do I have to loose besides acne? Best of luck to you!

Look into head and shoulders on your face maybe? I'm trying it with good results. Perhaps you don't have acne, but some other skin condition if everything else is failing.

I am so sorry. You sound very frustrated.

Is your dermatologist very responsive? I've had to switch a few times before I found someone who gave me the time and energy that I thought I deserved.

I am so sorry. You sound very frustrated.

Is your dermatologist very responsive? I've had to switch a few times before I found someone who gave me the time and energy that I thought I deserved.

I'm beyond frustrated. My dermatologist is very responsive. She's the fourth one I've had in 21 years. I just don't think she can help me. I don't think any of them can. They prescribe a med and tell me to come back in three months, then when that doesn't work they give me another med. I've been doing this for 20+ years with no results at all. Not even 1% improvement. I must have used over 20 medications.

Look into head and shoulders on your face maybe? I'm trying it with good results. Perhaps you don't have acne, but some other skin condition if everything else is failing.

I did a little research per your suggestion and it sounds intriguing.

It's definitely worth looking into if nothing else has worked. I'd say it's a sign that what you have isn't straight up acne and may be some sort of dermatitis or possibly folliculitis. I'm only on day 4 of head and shoulders, but the itching has stopped and my bumps are going down big time. Last night, I also applied a small amount of hydrocortisone to speed up the healing a bit (although you should never use much of this on your face). I plan to do this until whatever I have clears up, then I will just continue with the H&S wash.

Please keep me updated on how the H&S is working for you, if you don't mind. I'm very curious.

Hi just want to say that i sympathise! i've had acne for 28 years now. I'm nearly 40 years old and cannot find a cause of it. I've tried all kinds of diets and treatments and still hope to find the root cause of my acne. My face is now badly scarred and I still get severe outbreaks and constantly have acne to some degree.At times it gets me really down. At some (rare) times my face has completely cleared and this has made me so happy, but it seems completely random and not related to anything i eat or do. I still try different diets etc and hope some day to be able to have some kind of control over my skin. Good luck and i hope you find something that works for you.

I did a little research per your suggestion and it sounds intriguing.

Also check into diet. Just as with any other disease, diet affects acne in many people.

Hi just want to say that i sympathise! i've had acne for 28 years now. I'm nearly 40 years old and cannot find a cause of it. I've tried all kinds of diets and treatments and still hope to find the root cause of my acne. My face is now badly scarred and I still get severe outbreaks and constantly have acne to some degree.At times it gets me really down. At some (rare) times my face has completely cleared and this has made me so happy, but it seems completely random and not related to anything i eat or do. I still try different diets etc and hope some day to be able to have some kind of control over my skin. Good luck and i hope you find something that works for you.

I'm so sorry you've had to endure this. If I ever find anything that works for me I'll be sure to pass it on to you.

So Sad to read people's stories on here and I can of course empathise. I am 48 and have dealt with acne since I was probably around 11 years old. It has never been really bad since my early 20's but persistent and of course ugly. These days it is mostly my back and shoulders so I have grown to live with it as it is neatly concealed under my shirt. Holidays have always been an issue, on the beach etc.. last year I went away with friends who knew nothing of my condition so had to "come out " to them when we went swimming! embarassing but at 48 I guess I handled it.

I found this site 2 weeks ago ! crikey I wish I had found it years ago. I have been on the regimen for 2 weeks, albeit with alternative products as I am in the UK and taking a zinc supplement. I do not currently have a spot on my back anywhere. My skin has started to feel smooth and I am hoping that the red scars etc will fade if they are not constantly being renewed.

Just wanted to say people, dont give up! this site is a God send, read it and try things that people have found effective and I am sure you will find something that will help you in time.

Best wishes

Don

I found this site 2 weeks ago ! crikey I wish I had found it years ago. I have been on the regimen for 2 weeks, albeit with alternative products as I am in the UK and taking a zinc supplement. I do not currently have a spot on my back anywhere. My skin has started to feel smooth and I am hoping that the red scars etc will fade if they are not constantly being renewed.

Don, since you are also from the UK I just wanted to ask what products you're using as part of your regimen, I'm assuming it's all over the counter products? It may not work for me but it cannot hurt to try.

Cheers,

Billy

I've tried so many things. For the last six months my derm has had me on Tazorac. Useless. I've been broken out every day. I've been broken out every second for the last 26 years. The last time I had a face without acne was when I was 8. I'm 34 now.

I just was tested for food allergies and I don't have any. Life sucks.

My reg. doctor has had me on Tazorac as a last pitch effort before my 3rd of 3 different Derm doctor's I've been too. I've also been suffering re-occurring ringworm on my lower torso but never on my face (guess the acne has that area busy already).

I find that the Tazorac dries me out (takes the red out too) by morning when doing a night application as it states but during the day it's as if it rears it's ugly head again and the acne re-gathers itself and by night they are red, puss-filled and bulging (and painful).

I've had to find a new moisturizer since the Tazorac has my skin peeling like crazy and it was either the Tazorac or the Doxy I just finished that turned my bottom lip purple (joy, so fun to have THAT to hide as well now...).

I feel your pain, especially where there are limited avenues to consider for remedy. I came here to hopefully get some insight myself, but I'm not expecting miracles either.