Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paparazzi25

Olay Complete for sensitive skin CLASSIC is BACK (but hard to find)

So I went to CVS the other day, to see if finally they brought back the Olay Complete for sensitive skin formula with Zinc Oxide that we have all so patiently been waiting for. I noticed in all of the ones that had SPF 15 (normal, combination, sensitive) they all had Avobenzone still. But then there was one group of Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin SPF 30. I looked at the ingredients and it read...

7.5% Octinoxate

6.0% ZINC OXIDE

2.5% Octislate

2.5% Octocrylene

So next time look for Olay Complete with SPF 30!!!! not 15!!!

I just talked to Dan about that formula the other day, and he said that it's not the one everybody's waiting for.

It does have zinc oxide instead of avobenzone, though.

post-77161-1275883203_thumb.jpg

post-77161-1275883203_thumb.jpg

all the ingredients you listed are chemical suncreens, the same as avobenzone. zinc oxide is a physical sunscreen. hope that helps.

c'est la vigne

i've been looking to try olay but waiting for from reviews am waiting for the old product.

i bought the SPF 30 version today. should i be weary of the ingredients at all in it and just wait for the old version to appear?

c'est la vigne

i've been looking to try olay but waiting for from reviews am waiting for the old product.

i bought the SPF 30 version today. should i be weary of the ingredients at all in it and just wait for the old version to appear?

You know, I'm not really sure. I've never used it. I was just out running errands, and Dan called me and asked me to see if the Classic formula was on the shelves at my local store.

I thought the one I found was the one he was looking for, since it was the only one they had that had zinc oxide in it, but when I got home, he said he didn't think that that was the formula everyone's waiting for, because it's not marked 'Classic'.

So, really, I'm not sure how the Olay Complete SPF 30 Sensitive Skin works.

Sorry. : (

The following two links are to websites that list comedogenic ingredients. You can research the ingredients in the product and determine if any might be problematic.

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

http://www.facerealityacneclinic.com/pore_clogging.html

I'm jealous. I wish Dan would ring me up while I'm shopping...or just ever. Lucky duck. :razz:

paparazzi25, will you let us know how this version works for you?

i did look up the ingredients. from the ones that were on that list Oleth-3 was the only ingredient that was a nono. with a como grade of 5 and an irritability grade of 2. however, the actual ingredient in Olay is Oleth-3 Phosphate so I don't know if the variation would matter.

everything else had a grade of 2 or less. 95% sure of this. (i forgot whether two or three of the ingredients had a grade of 3 or whether it was a 2, but i'm fairly certain it was a 2)

anyone have a complete list of the classic ingredients?

Edited by special

I'm jealous. I wish Dan would ring me up while I'm shopping...or just ever. Lucky duck. :razz:

paparazzi25, will you let us know how this version works for you?

I don't think that this is the classic formula either. I used to get the classic when it was out and SPF 15. unlike the Olay Complete i used to use, this one doesn't absorb easily and has a strange odor (from what i remember it was odorless). Also I got one of the biggest breakouts I have ever had with this, and even for the first time got cyst. So in conclusion,,, I am just not used to using Olay in a while and these are all normal for the first use I don't think this is the classic formula, but instead Olay trying to trick you into getting it thinking it simply because of the Zinc Oxide (which VERY much fooled me) haha

The spf 30 is NOT the redux version of the Olay complete. The SPF 30 has been around a while, so I guess you will have to wait a little longer.