Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
})({amber

makeup suggestions!! please

Ok so I'm extremely light so make-up just doesn't seem to cover the red at all and I can't really afford anything thats over $15 each so things like MAC and Sephora cost too much for me....anyone have any suggestions in my budget?

Edited by AmberNicole

The Maybelline dream mousse foundation works pretty well for me in tandem with a good concealer.

Do you know any good concealers cause I currently use the dream mousse :) but it doesn't really cover the red spots that well....I use a one of those green concealer sticks cause I heard it helped but it doesn't seem to be working.

I like revlon colorstay liquid. I'm pretty fair too, and it's one of the better foundations I've used and it's like $12/bottle. I use the "buff" color.

Ok I'll have to try that one :) I was thinking of trying the Revlon Photo Ready make-up has anyone ever tried that one before?

Physician's Formula liquid mineral makeup set with Everyday Minerals. Although the Everyday Minerals has changed their formula recently AND also has less than stellar customer service according to posts here now. :( Perhaps you'd be better off trying PF's powder minerals on top of their liquid mineral for setting. Their Shimmer Strips are incredible! Beautiful bronzing, eye makeup, cheek color, etc all in one compact. They don't break me out, unlike Mac Skin Finishes. And they cost a lot less for essentially the same darn thing!

I really like PF, it does not break me out. And it's not expensive, either.

The Maybelline dream mousse foundation works pretty well for me in tandem with a good concealer.

Do you know any good concealers cause I currently use the dream mousse :) but it doesn't really cover the red spots that well....I use a one of those green concealer sticks cause I heard it helped but it doesn't seem to be working.

Stage makeup is the BEST. When I was in highschool I took a course in stage makeup and they used Ben Nye products and I loved to use the cream foundation (I think it was that) it covered like no other makeup ever has for me. Unfortunately it's very heavy and may cause breakouts, although I don't recall personally having that problem. I'm considering ordering some more.

i think maybelline superstay liquid is a pretty good foundation. it blends very easily, doesn't dry too fast, and it's build able. i think you could achieve full coverage with it if you apply it in small layers. it's advertised as lasting 24 hrs. on me it doesn't have that much lasting power, but i have very oily skin.

if you wanted to try a pressed powder, PF's mineral wear was mentioned, and i also think that's a good product. it has SPF, minimal ingredients, and it doesn't get cake easily.

good luck = )

Edited by indayden_den

I use to love PF then out of no where the foundation starting making me break out more :( but I wasn't using the one suggested so hopefully I won't have a problem with that one. :) thanks for the suggestions! Its summer so the bright sun is just showing me and everyone else how bad my skin is :(

I like revlon colorstay liquid. I'm pretty fair too, and it's one of the better foundations I've used and it's like $12/bottle. I use the "buff" color.

Second.

Except I actually mix the color Buff and the color Sand Beige for my perfect match :)

I use to love PF then out of no where the foundation starting making me break out more :( but I wasn't using the one suggested so hopefully I won't have a problem with that one. :) thanks for the suggestions! Its summer so the bright sun is just showing me and everyone else how bad my skin is :(

Man, that stinks. I love PF. :D I'd be highly annoyed, too, if it started breaking me out! I like makeup but I rarely wear makeup, only for going out.

I think it's Brandy who recommends Almay Smart Shade. That's another option.

Second.

Except I actually mix the color Buff and the color Sand Beige for my perfect match :)

Aren't the colors great? Most foundations are too pink or too orange for my neutral skin.... Actaully I should probably try some Sand Beige too now that it's summer and I'm not as pale as I was a few months ago with Buff... I use the sand beige colorstay mineral powder foundation over the buff to even it out.

Edited by postfetalphase

I've tried the revlon photo ready make-up.. In the beginning I loved it, but then I got tired of it.. I usually switch up my foundations just to try out different ones... I've tried out a bunch lol.. I didnt quite like maybelline dream mousse.. Since I have oily skin it made me loook n feel cakey, I do like the PF mineral compact but I never tried out there foundation...But the one that I really like the most is revlon custom creations. No matter what u could find ur perfect shade just by turning the dial ;D... It's also good coverage, looks natural. I also have reddish pinkish skin due to some irritation .. But this covers it. I also use maybelline shine free compact over it. :)

Second.

Aren't the colors great? Most foundations are too pink or too orange for my neutral skin.... Actaully I should probably try some Sand Beige too now that it's summer and I'm not as pale as I was a few months ago with Buff... I use the sand beige colorstay mineral powder foundation over the buff to even it out.

lol yes, they are : ) I actually have yellow undertones so it's very hard for me to find the right color - I'm with you, most are too pink or too orangey for my skin. I think anyone could find a perfect match in Revlon Colorstay foundation and it's awesome they have a seperate line for Oily/Combination skin... I didn't even notice they had a mineral powder. I might try it out

By the way, what do you use to apply your foundation? I use a cosmetic sponge but was wondering if there may be a better way. There's too many different types of make-up brushes to choose from so...

Edited by Sapphire Lily